• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

not a bad 1955 ddo eh

5 posts in this topic

Argh….That coin brings back bad memories. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Years ago when I was working on my Lincoln set I had a dealer send me a ’55 double die on approval. It was in an NGC holder graded MS-63 brown and the dealer wanted $750 for it. The coin was really nice, but it had a couple of wood grain toning streaks on it and I couldn’t make up my mind if I liked them or not.

After thinking about it for a couple of days I decided to send the coin back. I figured I would wait to find an example I liked better. Well, I eventually completed my Lincoln set and moved on to early commems., but I never did pick up another ’55 double die.

Now I kick myself for not keeping that coin! tonofbricks.gif

John

Argh….That coin brings back bad memories. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Years ago when I was working on my Lincoln set I had a dealer send me a ’55 double die on approval. It was in an NGC holder graded MS-63 brown and the dealer wanted $750 for it. The coin was really nice, but it had a couple of wood grain toning streaks on it and I couldn’t make up my mind if I liked them or not.

After thinking about it for a couple of days I decided to send the coin back. I figured I would wait to find an example I liked better. Well, I eventually completed my Lincoln set and moved on to early commems., but I never did pick up another ’55 double die.

Now I kick myself for not keeping that coin! tonofbricks.gif

John

Hmmm,MS-63BN...that would be worth about... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

wink.gif