• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bought my own Christmas Present...plain old Civil War Token (Nothing to See)

17 posts in this topic

I think I've mentioned to several of you that I am not planning to do any shopping at the FUN show this year.....just hang out with our wonderful forum members, man the TCCS both so I can help educate folks on the TCCS and toned coins in general, drink a bunch of wine....and most improtantly.....fondle a bunch of pretty coins 893applaud-thumb.gif

As luck would have it I started receiving Christmas/Birthday checks in the mail (Jan 2 is my birthday) so I have a little cash saved up and I thought I'd try to find a cheap toner at the show that I could add to my NGC Rainbow Signature set....but....

When Rick Snow posted this token over on the PCGS forum I knew I just had to have it

I know you have all heard that seductive sirens song of a particular coin that was just to strong to ignore....well that was the case for me and this token. Rick has said that it is the nicest toned Civil War Token he has ever seen and he has seen a ton of those things so who am I to argue!!! This is one of the most common varieties and is listed as an R-1......but I think this color makes it more like an R-7 in my book

Let me know what you think of it 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

548449004.jpg

I don't know what the typical R-1 in MS65 brings but my guess would be in the neighborhood of 5X the typical price???

Well worth it in my opinion because as a Buyer of Toned Proof IHC's..........I couldn't get a 1/4 of a toned Proof for the price I paid for this acclaim.gif

I don't know what the typical R-1 in MS65 brings but my guess would be in the neighborhood of 5X the typical price???

Well worth it in my opinion because as a Buyer of Toned Proof IHC's..........I couldn't get a 1/4 of a toned Proof for the price I paid for this acclaim.gif

And how much would that be? gossip.gif

tongue.gif

Here's one I'm thinking about:

801616011.jpg

Nice token...I paid 2.5 times that price or $300.......the one you pictures is an R-2 so a little harder to come by then mine....but not by much...so you can see the toning markup is fair...maybe 3.5 to 4 times seeing the price on that one....but still...I would never be able to afford that kind of color on some of the other series I collect...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

oh yeah...and cool token too!

are you a member of Rick's CWT forum?

we need some more members there.....the topics are collecting social security!

Goose you are more than welcome to sample my find selection of Wines I will be brining......we are going to have a TCCS wine-a-poloosa at the FUN show as I will be craking open the best bottles from my cellar cloud9.gif

I am not sure of the exact time and date etc but I think Friday night has been so designated so please stop by the TCCS booth and I will let you know more information yay.gif

and no I am not a part of the CWT forum...but I assure you this won't be the last token I buy so I might just have to join up 893applaud-thumb.gif

Speaking of CWTs goose,how long does it usally take to get your membership processed for CWS? I can't wait! yay.gif

Shouldn't take too long. I paid the 200 this year and became a lifer.

Join the forum!

what's your table number at FUN?

Speaking of CWTs goose,how long does it usally take to get your membership processed for CWTS? I can't wait! yay.gif

Shouldn't take too long. I paid the 200 this year and became a lifer.

Join the forum!

what's your table number at FUN?

I just joined the forums(wainting on Admin),but I'm still waiting for my membership in the CWTS. I assume that question was directed to me,but I'm not going to have a table at FUN.Probably not for a few years...I will be there Saturday and I will be attending the NGC luncheon but I remember you saying that you were flying out Friday evening?

The TCCS Club Table is located at Table number 558 (After you enter the Bourse area walk down Row 500 ALL the way to the end of the row on the left - we face the Foreign and Ancient section.)