• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something that bugs me about PCGS posters.

46 posts in this topic

Please review and correct your bad grammar before posting! foreheadslap.gif I don't understand why folks on the PCGS forums cannot do this. Everytime I see a sentence "I boghten a coin todey. It was coin pretty store shop down the street from me. Smoe dealer had window his coin, quick boghten it.", it drives me crazy! Christo_pull_hair.gif I guess I can figure out what they say, but gee wiz, my head hurts after a couple of minutes of reading this stuff. frustrated.gif

TRUTH

I think they do "smoe" on purpose.

Yes...its when thay tri to call me a "Schmoe" and forgett the "ch".

jmo

I rarely proof read a post until after I post it. This results in a lot of edits.

I'm always afraid I'll lose a post so try to enter it ASAP.

Misspellings and poor grammar don't particularly bother me unless they are in the title, in which case I try not to open or respond to the thread since it won't be locatable with the search engine later.

Most of us do need to put more effort into this and it is more of a problem across the street.

I don't typically proofread my posts specifically for spelling or grammar errors either, but the NGC preview-post screen option that I use essentially forces me to look at everything I write.

Poor grammar and bad spelling do not bother me on the boards, however, I find it extremely difficult to do business with members who refuse to proofread their posts or their web sites. To me, this is a form of professional disrespect and I will not support businesses that think this little of my aptitude.

TT, I would be more concerned with eBay sellers who are unable to spell or use proper grammar. If they couldn't learn anything about the English language in 12 years of school, do you really think they have taken the time to learn anything about the product they are trying to "unload"?

Chris

27_laughing.gif Now that you mention it, you're right, that bugs me too! 27_laughing.gif Since I go over there very seldom, it never really occurred to me, but the grammar and spelling of the members of this forum does seem to be pretty good. Is that somehow a reflection of the quality of one grading service over another 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ?? Naw, couldn't be.

James

My grammar would slap me if I corrected her.

893naughty-thumb.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

It's always the big shots who are the worst...and Chris's example of eBay sellers is all too true.He's probably been looking at way to many of my auctions blush.gif.

As for me alot of mistakes that I come back and notice later are from typing errors instead of actual grammar. I guess I wouldn't have these problems if I was to type slower,but where's the fun in that? poke2.gif

As for that "smoe" thing, they do on purpose.I guess someone misspelled it once and then it became "cool".

Hayden

I guess someone misspelled it once and then it became "cool" to.

Hayden

Tubby, you should never end a sentence with a preposition.

Chris

I guess someone misspelled it once and then it became "cool".

Hayden

Tubby, you should never end a sentence with a preposition.

Chris

Hey I post on the PCGS boards,what can I say? insane.gif

I used to post over there, but wandered on to the Open Forum and ended up getting banned. That site is actually really good. Lots of people posting, lots of subjects covered.

Spelling and grammar are important, but the knowledge shared there makes it worth the effort to sift through some of the mangled English

Sometimes the PCGS boards get going so fast it's almost like a chat room. I hate it when I read one of my own posts and there are blatant grammer and spelling errors.

Jerry

Truthteller, try being sympathetic to their plight. Many people over there ingested huge amounts of lead paint as children.

Among other things! 893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif

Truthteller, try being sympathetic to their plight. Many people over there ingested huge amounts of lead paint as children.

"It can person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point mental and physical development and reduce attention span. "

- CPSC Document #5054 on lead paint

Sounds about right for PCGS (and a few people here* gossip.gif )

* Every child in the state of Illinois is tested for lead poisoning. Just trying to save you all from a lame joke which I know somebody is going to try and make. I have been here long enough to see when there is an obvious joke. yeahok.gif FYI I did not test positive for lead or lead poisoning. Also no dense jokes because anyone who was paying attention is school knows that lead is very dense. If you try a lead joke that has to do with any person being dense your a comedy hack. Any possible lead joke any one might try will get you a steaming hot bucket of chamomile tea to your face. Also you better watch your self in the year 2014 or 2015 when I con some state bar into letting me practice the worlds second oldest profession. Now them have a merry Christmas from the Association for Less Lame Jokes on Message Boards flowerred.gif

"It can person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point mental and physical development and reduce attention span. "

- CPSC Document #5054 on lead paint

Sounds about right for PCGS (and a few people here* gossip.gif )

* Every child in the state of Illinois is tested for lead poisoning. Just trying to save you all from a lame joke which I know somebody is going to try and make. I have been here long enough to see when there is an obvious joke. yeahok.gif FYI I did not test positive for lead or lead poisoning. Also no dense jokes because anyone who was paying attention is school knows that lead is very dense. If you try a lead joke that has to do with any person being dense your a comedy hack. Any possible lead joke any one might try will get you a steaming hot bucket of chamomile tea to your face. Also you better watch your self in the year 2014 or 2015 when I con some state bar into letting me practice the worlds second oldest profession. Now them have a merry Christmas from the Association for Less Lame Jokes on Message Boards flowerred.gif

I hope you didn't mean me flowerred.gif

27_laughing.gif

I hope you didn't mean me flowerred.gif

27_laughing.gif

It was just a warning to everyone about trying to make a lame lead joke. However if the joke is directed at me underline the 2014/2015 thing sumo.gif

Also you better watch your self in the year 2014 or 2015 when I con some state bar into letting me practice the worlds second oldest profession.

Does it rhyme with limp and look similar to pump ? Do you think states will legalize it by then?

Chris

Also you better watch your self in the year 2014 or 2015 when I con some state bar into letting me practice the worlds second oldest profession.

Does it rhyme with limp and look similar to pump ? Do you think states will legalize it by then?

Chris

I'm sorry Chris but you just guessed wrong! Please come back tomorrow as you try for a new dinette set! poke2.gif

I was just guessing the prefession was the second oldest. Truely I wonder how long it was before people started wanting a legal system 893scratchchin-thumb.gif You know it didn't take that long before rickshaw chasers came around. Yep I can allready see there advertisments.

Been hurt and can't work? Call Ghengis Kahn and associates now! Hit by a rickshaw or flaming arrow in battle? We'll get a settlement large enough for you to live on. Remember if we don't get you at least one cow, two sheep and all their daughters you don't pay us anything. Just smoke signal Ghengas Kahn and associates and we'll see what we can do for you. Just listen to one of our many satisfied coustomers

" I was hit by a careening rickshaw. Now I can't work and have this weird obsession with round shiny things. Ghengas Kahn and associates got me two sheep, four cows and acres of Florida swamp land. Thank you Ghegis and associates!"

- "swampland" Chris

poke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gif

It wasn't long after that the whole field of law was created. Then the next big thing came when they realized they could get actual thinking people to go to school for seven years to become an attorney. Then tell them it was all worthless because they still have to pass the state bar tonofbricks.giftonofbricks.giftonofbricks.gif

If you need me i'll be rocking around the aluminum Christmas tree and eating stuffing grin.gifyay.gif

Chris

I'm sorry Chris but you just guessed wrong! Please come back tomorrow as you try for a new dinette set! poke2.gif

I was just guessing the prefession was the second oldest. Truely I wonder how long it was before people started wanting a legal system 893scratchchin-thumb.gif You know it didn't take that long before rickshaw chasers came around. Yep I can allready see there advertisments.

Been hurt and can't work? Call Ghengis Kahn and associates now! Hit by a rickshaw or flaming arrow in battle? We'll get a settlement large enough for you to live on. Remember if we don't get you at least one cow, two sheep and all their daughters you don't pay us anything. Just smoke signal Ghengas Kahn and associates and we'll see what we can do for you. Just listen to one of our many satisfied coustomers

" I was hit by a careening rickshaw. Now I can't work and have this weird obsession with round shiny things. Ghengas Kahn and associates got me two sheep, four cows and acres of Florida swamp land. Thank you Ghegis and associates!"

- "swampland" Chris

poke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gif

It wasn't long after that the whole field of law was created. Then the next big thing came when they realized they could get actual thinking people to go to school for seven years to become an attorney. Then tell them it was all worthless because they still have to pass the state bar tonofbricks.giftonofbricks.giftonofbricks.gif

If you need me i'll be rocking around the aluminum Christmas tree and eating stuffing grin.gifyay.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm always afraid I'll lose a post so try to enter it ASAP.

yeah, wazzup wit dat? When I posted the thread on the 1814 Lg Cent, I had to pause to do some patients and when I entered it, it was completely lost. So, I had to redo it all.

Arch, do sumpting about it. 'tay?

FYI I did not test positive for lead or lead poisoning.

Yeah, and you didn't test positive for a sense of humor, either. Bwaahhhh-ha-ha grin.gif

p.s. Kudos to michael for the "most improved" on his grammar and typos. 893applaud-thumb.gif

p.s. Kudos to michael for the "most improved" on his grammar and typos. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll go along with that. And next year we will get him to work on his punctuation.

Then we can move on to Supertooth and explain to him the concept of paragraphs... devil.gif