• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you like thick skin?

6 posts in this topic

thickskin1.jpg

thickskin2.jpg

I didn't notice the scratch till after I bought the coin,of course the pictures were crummy but... foreheadslap.gif

Anyone else care to share?

Hayden

BTW that's just some fuzz on the reverse from my coin "blankie" that I set the coin on when I took pictures...

Sweet for a 170+ year old coin. You have to wonder how a coin that old gets a gash like that. It had to be in someones collection or stashed in a can for many years to have that much detail. I would guess that most half-dimes from that era are pretty much worn out from heavy circulation.

It looks like the scratch is heavily toned over to match the remainder of the coin and this leads me to believe that it was contemporary with the coin's circulation. Those kinds of marks bother me very little. The coin is quite attractive.

i like a thick skinned coin and this coin is really attractive

i bet that planchet scratch is not so bad in person on the coin but a huge scan makes it look really worse than it really is

thumbsup2.gif