• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BU roll of dimes!! Just WOW!

10 posts in this topic

Going thru more of the coins... I opened up a 1962 roll of dimes.... 50 total coins.. I would say every coin is MS 65 or better and I pulled 18 that would go FT at PCGS(In my opinion).. Alot of these coins look MS 67 to me... In my collecting time I have not seen a roll this nice... What are the chances that there could be an MS 68 coin in here. I doubt it, but it could happen... 18 of 50 coins is a great number of FT coins with many other that are close... I still have a few more rolls to go through Looking at the pop reports... 62 is not a super hard year to get, but it is not easy either in FT.. I know FT coins may be slow.... but the quality of coins in this roll is great.

1027433-621.jpg

1027433-621.jpg.09d4cc849ad26f27d465021f7bc5fae1.jpg

I see the interest in these dimes is about like the martket.... dead...but thats ok... there are plenty of people who would like a chance to get FT dimes cheap... they are really not my cup of tea... but you have to admire nice coins when you see them.

I see the interest in these dimes is about like the martket.... dead...but thats ok... there are plenty of people who would like a chance to get FT dimes cheap... they are really not my cup of tea... but you have to admire nice coins when you see them.

Bruce,I feel your pain...I post nice coins all the time and alot of people don't respond...including you! poke2.gif

wink.gif

As to the dimes,they look like an average roll from your pictures,perhaps some closeups would be appropriate. If they are really those grades you're bound to make a little $$$s...

Mike,FT stands for Full Torch.The bands un the reverse torch have to be fully split like the FSB or FB Full bands on the Mercury dime,the result of an early and strong strike.The FT for Rosies has not picked up that well in popularity however a coin with FT will comand a premium over a non-FT piece...

Hey Bruce - Congrats on a nice roll of dimes. Fun to open one up that's 40+ years old and find them in such nice condition.

As for FT, PCGS does not do FT, rather FB, and their criteria are much looser than NGC for the designation. NGC not only requires that the upper and lower bands be full and split, but that the slats of the torch be fully formed and split. Thus, far fewer NGC graded FT pieces than PCGS FB pieces. It would be so, even if the number of submissions were equal.

Just food for thought.

Hoot

A 1962 PCGS MS67FB sold at heritage for over $200.00... so yes there is some money to be made here. I also see there are no MS 68 coins .. If one was made I think it would be worth a good amount.

Thanks for the great response.... I know FT coins are harder to get from NGC.. but I think they are much slower.. or they seem to be... I think it is just great how they were preserved so well....