• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Take a walk down memory lane....

1 post in this topic

I was recently told that a long time friend of ours had some coins.... So I was interested in seeing them. He said there was some morgans, and other silver. So I had that in my mind when I saw the coins they would the be the common stuff, we see all the time. Boy was I wrong. Well I am now in the process of sorting and trying to put a value on the collection for him. Here is some of the pieces I have seen so far....

There are 9 GSA CC Dollars 82, 83, 84...

Mint Sets 1977 thru 1981 and 1985

Proof Sets from 1976 thru 1985 Some multiples

Then we get to what I call the coins that can really tell times were different... In a small package thats dated 1979... are 8 Morgan Dollars... and they were shipped from Bowers and Ruddy to my friend. (That name should bring back some memories)

Morgans are as follow... Grades I gave the coins...

1883 MS 64/65

1883 S AU 55 Net EF 40 Rim hit / light cleaning...

1884 MS 63/64

1885 CC MS 64/65

1888 O MS 63/64 ... Interesting toning...

1991 CC AU 53/55 Nice target toning...

1897 MS 65/66

1897 S MS 63

Prices for these coins are all over the map by today's standards.... Some high and some are low.

Then there are 3 Uncirculated rolls of Silver dimes... 64 D, 62, 62( All Above average for BU rolls) ... 2 rolls of QTRs... 61 and 63(Way above the average BU roll) and a few other circulated rolls... I will still need to check the dimes for FT or FB ... whatever you want to use... Most of these coins were purchased in the late 70's early 80's... I will post some pictures later of some of the better stuff....