• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Sacagawea is far from boring! (in fact it's outrageous!)

15 posts in this topic

From time to time I order a $1K box from the FRB, and there are quite a few with the beginnings of some nice toning. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll live long enough to see them fully "blossom".

Beautiful color, Tubby.

Chris

Looks AT to me...you can get the same look by using Dandruff shampoo and heat.....I kid you not. Sure it could have been at the end of a roll.....but that look can be duplicated.

Looks AT to me...you can get the same look by using Dandruff shampoo and heat.....I kid you not.

Who the heck thinks to use dandruff shampoo in a toning experiment? If this is true, then I doubt that there's a household chemical that hasn't been used toward this end.

I would not make this up.......there is something in Dandruff shampoo...maybe selenium that will cause Sacs to tone blue and red like that......

They had pictures posted on ATcoins.com....in the forum, which no longer exists.

Amazing I know....but those of us that specialize in Toned coins have to study up on the tricks of the trade so we don't shell out hundreds or even thousands of dollars for AT junk.

The site that originally had the pictures is gone.........but if Frattlaw is around...it was the forum on his site so I know he should have them? I know that this coin could certainly be and end roller and NT.........just making folks aware that the look can be somewhat duplicated so be careful thumbsup2.gif

The site that originally had the pictures is gone.........but if Frattlaw is around...it was the forum on his site so I know he should have them? I know that this coin could certainly be and end roller and NT.........just making folks aware that the look can be somewhat duplicated so be careful thumbsup2.gif

Well at least this one is in an ANACS holder tongue.gif

but...well, maybe I won't go there! 893whatthe.gif

It looks pretty weird. Whether it's AT...I don't know...

As to whether the Sac is "boring"...that's bull. IMO, it's one of the nicer designs in recent years. The obverse is nice and the reverse is every bit as good as ANY rendition of the eagle on any US coin. Similar to the SLQ, IMO.

jom

It looks pretty weird. Whether it's AT...I don't know...

As to whether the Sac is "boring"...that's bull. IMO, it's one of the nicer designs in recent years. The obverse is nice and the reverse is every bit as good as ANY rendition of the eagle on any US coin. Similar to the SLQ, IMO.

jom

Actually I rather like the design,it's more the lack of circulation and collectors that I consider it to be a "boring" coin. Except if it's toned,Jom do you think you could duplicate the toning at your paint shop? devil.gif

Hayden

Except if it's toned,Jom do you think you could duplicate the toning at your paint shop?

We're open 24 hours! Give us a call.

sprayman.gif

jom