• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monster inside... Sunglasses needed :)

18 posts in this topic

I went a 2 week vacation.... and well while on it.. I found a few cool pieces... I 1955 Double UNC set at a good deal(Toning is ok, but not a stunner)..... a few small other coins.... then I ran into this....

Words are not needed... just Enjoy!

1007939-1932.jpg

Few Questions.... Value as in toning premiun? Rarity? or Should I say what would you pay for something like this? Also any grade? MS? AU 58? Or does it really matter?

1007939-1932.jpg.0ea491970d527ce0df7cd123bd4e0c58.jpg

That's a nice looking coin! thumbsup2.gif If the high point of the cheek is not flattened somewhat I would say it has to be at least an MS64BN. Of course, if you're keeping it raw it doesn't really matter if there is a hint of rub. Lincoln cents when they tone that way are quite attractive.

Would trying to place a value on this coin be like trying to predict where a dart would land? I am going to guess less than 5% of all the 1932's are toned this nice, making it quite rare in its own right.. I saw where some 1960 toned Lincolns went for huge money, but the toning was a bit better then mine. Those were memorials, and this one is about 30 years older, so how would that effect it price wise? Thanks in advance..

ok I will say.. I got this at an utlra steal.... $20.00 ... That means no premium in my mind for the color... This is one that will not be going anywhere soon... maybe ever...

I think you did very well at $20! thumbsup2.gif

It's tough to guess a price on a piece like this without seeing it in-hand so as to not only get a better idea of price but also to get a better idea of the quality of toning. I sold an NGC MS65BN 1930 Lincoln two years ago in excess of $100 and that coin was uniformly and delightully violet. Another person offered me a slightly more vibrant version of my coin, with the date of 1931-D, in a PCGS MS66BN holder for $450 around the same time.

The color on your coin most closely resembles an absolutely monstrously toned 1938 proof Lincoln that I have in an NGC PF63RB holder and I traded the equivalent of about $80 for that coin when it bid around $25. Of course, it would take much more to pry it from my hands.

So, the value of your coin? I have really no clue. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think I am going to have this one slabbed for my own learning purposes... I plan to keep the coin... but I would also like to know what one of the major TPG's think on this one... I will also just take a stab and say from $75.00 - 100 bux would be the value and with strong bids 150.00 max? A coins value is only what someone will pay for it...