• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2005 Uncirculated Sets ---sold out

8 posts in this topic

The latest Greysheet notes that some dealers are now bidding $25 since it is no longer available from the Mint. Does anyone think it will hit $50 before Christmas?

Chris

I'm reminded of a business owner who sold stock in his (privately-held) corporation. He was asked what the stock in his company was worth, and he said "There are 51,000 shares that are worth $25 million and there are 49,000 shares that are not worth a rat's ."

From what I have heard (and what very little I have seen so far) there are many 2005 sets that are knock-your-socks-off gorgeous. And there are many that were abraded by rough handling (the satin surface does highlight any mars) and no shortage of coins that were obliterated by the packing machines. So...to an unusually-great degree, there's a big lottery element in the 2005 SMS coinage.

I wait with bacon on breath for my sets.

I imagine prices will go up over the next few months, but I wonder if they might not come down to earth rather quickly. I see many are going for $25-30 and up on Ebay already. But since I won't be getting mine, prices will probably soar through the roof. I noticed many of the operations on the intenet that sell a lot of mint products have already increased their prices to as high as $35 for one set. I wonder how many they are selling at that price?