• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the Story on these?

11 posts in this topic

I was thikning it was the famed Aluminum cent? maybe I am totally wrong?

They only made them in 1974 & 1975,plus the seller says that the cent is zinc...

Shame,shame 893naughty-thumb.gif

stooges.gif

-Hayden

so you believe everything you read on ebay? I could get some old V nickels and gold plate them .. then say they are gold... would that be truthful? but thx for the info smile.gif

just missed the wash process to put on a thin coating of copper and many are just coins thaT ARE given a slight acid bath to remove the copper coating

either way even if a genuine mint made mistake a common coin

as all cents made after 1982 are zinc with a copper wash plating whatever you wants to calls it

my shy.giftasty devil.gif budding numismatist

oh and it it legal to own

so you believe everything you read on ebay? I could get some old V nickels and gold plate them .. then say they are gold... would that be truthful? but thx for the info smile.gif

Oh come on Bruce you know I was being sarcastic! makepoint.gif

stooges.gif

just missed the wash process to put on a thin coating of copper and many are just coins thaT ARE given a slight acid bath to remove the copper coating

either way even if a genuine mint made mistake a common coin

as all cents made after 1982 are zinc with a copper wash plating whatever you wants to calls it

my shy.giftasty devil.gif budding numismatist

oh and it it legal to own

(Michael, the coin featured is pre-1982.)

I think it's been ATed. Copper will AT this color as the seventh or eight stage of applied butane heat.

Oh come on Bruce you know I was being sarcastic! makepoint.gif

stooges.gif

me too 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

oh sorry i assumed it was post 1982

so this means it was put on a upside down lampshade and heated to 500 ormore degrees for a few seconds or more