• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An EF45 1802 Draped Bust Half Dollar Dipped in the Name of Greed

39 posts in this topic

But Tom B----you s---k!!

Thank you for the, ahem, compliment, Bob! grin.gif No need to worry about this piece being dipped over the course of the next half century or so since we know where it will be during that time. wink.gif

Oh, and Hoot, WTF?!?!?!? grin.gif

[quote

Too bad! It's really a shame that some people will do anything for money. Who knows the hands this coin may have passed through! George Washington? Like jealousy, greed too, is the "green-eyed monster"!

Chris

George died Dec 14, 1799 so we can rule him out. blush.gif

Another quote from Othello: I cleaned well although not wisely.

[quote

Too bad! It's really a shame that some people will do anything for money. Who knows the hands this coin may have passed through! George Washington? Like jealousy, greed too, is the "green-eyed monster"!

Chris

George died Dec 14, 1799 so we can rule him out. blush.gif

Another quote from Othello: I cleaned well although not wisely.

Oops! I knew I should have checked the family tree, first. Maybe I should spend more time dusting off the skeletons in my closet!

Change that to George Gobel!

hi.gifC hi.gifH hi.gifR hi.gifI hi.gifS hi.gif

TomB, a beautiful half you have there. Unmessed with and gorgeous. Sad truth of it is though, come that day when you, I and others who would know better are gone - your piece may well come into the hands of someone who JUST CAN'T RESIST ($$$$$) "improving" it a "little". frown.gif