• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Bust Half!

16 posts in this topic

So I would not hi jack NWCS's thread... here is one of the more original bust havles I have seen in some time. Its the 1824 over Various Dates Variety... Have a look... very nice if you ask me

948852-1824bhfront.jpg

948870-1824.jpg

948852-1824bhfront.jpg.c195b5cd8c4b9b41052c1e189c1d329a.jpg

this was one of 3 bust havles I got from a bank... My Aunt works for one and a lady came in for a coin appraisal.. so I got these at a great deal...

That is a very difficult variety to locate. cool.gif

Are you serious? Do you happen to know the overton number? Or could you try to tell me smile.gif I need to call ANACS since it was just slabbed but they forgot to list the overdate even with the variety plus service. I am sure they will correct it. They gave it a grade of F-15. They put O-103.. but they did not note the overdate

O-103 IS correct but it would help to also have listed the "1824 over various dates", or the like

The variety is R1 but so very popular because the jumble of dates is so easy to see. Supply and demand is involved heavily on this one.

That looks like a very nice half and mozin beat me to it but I will add that it is a highly sought after piece and would be easily moved should you ever decide to do so. thumbsup2.gif

That looks like a very nice half and mozin beat me to it but I will add that it is a highly sought after piece and would be easily moved should you ever decide to do so.

I'm willing to bet that Heritage doesn't get a piece of this action. What a wonderful example of how The Worm Turns wink.gif

Nice half Bruce, but I really like your story of how you got this coin. Acquiring such an old coin and interesting coin with out having to ante up at some dealers counter is great. 893applaud-thumb.gif

If that half was mine, I could only part with it if I were to sell all of my collections and never speak of coins again. sumo.gif

Nice half Bruce, but I really like your story of how you got this coin. Acquiring such an old coin and interesting coin with out having to ante up at some dealers counter is great. 893applaud-thumb.gif

If that half was mine, I could only part with it if I were to sell all of my collections and never speak of coins again. sumo.gif

Unless, of course, he was offered a rather "generous" amount. Correct Bruce? wink.gif

Unless, of course, he was offered a rather "generous" amount. Correct Bruce? wink.gif

Business is business.... So I would expect a low offer from most everybody