• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainbow Toned Battle Creek Collection...Newps

5 posts in this topic

For those of you who actively collect Toned coins or for anyone else that hasn't been living in a cave recently...................the market for Toned Morgans has never been hotter. Common dates from the Battle Creek collection with uncommon toning have been setting record prices since the Santa Clara Show.

Well I may not be a big player (dollar wise) in the Toned coin market but I certainly know what I like and rainbows have been on the menu lately. Here are two of my new purchases curtesy of Mike De Falco (Numismatic Enterprises) and Gary Mugno (Island Coins): :1Applause;

1887 MS64* Battle Creek Collection

1987MS64.jpg

1886 MS64*PL Battle Creek Collection

MORGAN_86pNGCMS64pl_1865730-005.jpg

Here are my attempts to image the coins...........getting better with practice...but not as good as the pro's wink.gif

1887BCmorgan.jpg

1886BCmorgan.jpg

Very attractive, Shane. 893applaud-thumb.gif I wouldn't be surprised if the images don't fully capture the appeal of these coins. Congrats!

Yes in hand...they are much nicer 893applaud-thumb.gif

Very difficult to capture color and luster on toners thumbsup2.gif