• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The die clash picture thread

15 posts in this topic

Nice pics every one. thumbsup2.gif

Here's a type I three cent silver, which die clashes seem almost to be the norm.

three-cent-clash-o.jpg

This image was flipped and rotated so it aligns with the obverse image.

three-cent-clash-r.jpg

One of my discovery coins... A 1883-CC VAM 8A in PCGS MS65

8A III24 · C3e (Doubled Date, CC Set Right, Clashed Obverse n) (178) I-3 R-6

Obverse III24– Clashed die with partial incuse n of In from reverse showing as short tick next to Liberty neck. Earlier die state than VAM 4A.

Link To Coin

1848d.JPG

Common 1864 Indianhead dieclash, but still nice to run into unexpectedly, a reverse clash of Liberty's profile. Sorry I don't have the photographic skills or equipment the majority of the other members use to show such wonderful detailed pictures of their coins, ( nor the smarts to figgur' out how to use it if I did ), but close examination shows a clear and separate clash underlying the stronger 2nd clash that's visible in this image. (Assuming, of course I figured out how to upload a picture - a first for me). The double clash could easily be photographed if my camera wasn't the digital equivalent of a Kodak Brownie.

931794-dieclash.JPG.87737fe70568fbb04a76504ce13524f2.JPG