• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonderfully toned proof Indian Head Cent

13 posts in this topic

I just got this coin from Brian Wagner. It has a very interesting combination of colors that include yellow and pink. The mirrors are extermely deep and vibrant. It is also a no brainer cameo. In my opinion this coin is much nicer than a "red" example and much rarer.

1897aIHC.jpg

1897aaIHC.jpg

1897pcgs66RBOBV.jpg

1897aaaIHC.jpg

WOW!!

It's truly amazing that I have found so many of my relatives that are members of CS. Please don't forget me in your will.

hi.gifC hi.gifO hi.gifU hi.gifS hi.gifI hi.gifN hi.gifhi.gifhi.gifC hi.gifH hi.gifR hi.gifI hi.gifS hi.gif

WOW!!

It's truly amazing that I have found so many of my relatives that are members of CS. Please don't forget me in your will.

hi.gifC hi.gifO hi.gifU hi.gifS hi.gifI hi.gifN hi.gifhi.gifhi.gifC hi.gifH hi.gifR hi.gifI hi.gifS hi.gif

yeahok.gif

That's quite a piece there Chinnok!!! thumbsup2.gif

Dave, you know that it is still my birthday for 7 hours and 53 minutes, Pacific Time.

envyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvy

Chris

superb splash toning and quite unusual as such on a pre 1900 proof indian head cent and combined with excellent color superb technical grade and with strong cameo makes this a killer coin cloud9.gif

splash toning in different colors is one of the most beautiful toning arrangements 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Sorry Chris...My best wishes will have to suffice smile.gif

Thanks for all the kind remarks. This year I have made a major shift in my collecting- away from the type set- to focus on toned copper, mainly proofs. I will have to show a few more, more often.

Very nice coin and Brian Wagner is one of the best dealers when it comes to Proof Indian Cents -

I know a little bit about Proof IHCs and the wonderful toned Proofs are some of the nicest coins in American numismatics. When I had both the PCGS and NGC #1 Proof IHC registry sets, many of my very best coins were not part of those sets because they were designated BN and not worth "high" values. As for the 1897, that is one of the several dates where the early strikes have a great cameo look - I formerly owned a PCGS 1897 PR66RD Deep Cameo ( 1 of only a small handful of bronze deep cameos - I believe less than 5 total, and the one I had was the nicest of them all) I currently have an NGC PF66RB* Cameo, and it's as nice as the PCGS 1897 PR66RD Deep Cameo that I previously owned.

But the nicest Proof IHCs are the toned one's and if yiou start collecting Toned Proof IHCs you find it VERY addictive cool.gif