• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Take a look... Opinions needed...

12 posts in this topic

I have a 1964 Dime that may be FT or FB whichever you want yo use... anyhow... take a look tell me if you think it is worth submitting to try for a Star or FB or both.. Thx... Oh Also if you agree with my grade from the pic... yes there is luster it did not show up in the pics...

883866-1964ms66.jpg

883866-1964ms66.jpg.43ea52bff673019c6fbe348b3ceb2f8d.jpg

Very nice. thumbsup2.gif I posted a dime on another thread that I had gotten slabbed with ANACS. It had toning on the obverse with white reverse. It received a 66 FSB and your coin looks to me to be around there -- so I will say 65, maybe 66 FSB. I don't think it would be a star.

I like the toning and agree with FT.....but I'd give it a 5% chance of getting a star. Doesn't really matter though....it's still an attractive coin.

Call me crazy, but I see rub on the lower part of the torch and on the obverse ear and hair. Beautiful coin, nonetheless...Mike

Ok I'll call you crazy, tongue.gif

Seen any AU-58s in MS-70 holders lately??? poke2.gif

It looks like an MS65 or MS66, but it doesn't look like it has the pop to get the star designation. It would go FB at PCGS and might go FT at NGC.

A nice looking dime. However, each close up shows a tiny tick breaking the verticle lines above the torch bands, and even those miniscule marks are enough to negate any chance at FT. Thats how tight the designation is. However, it is definitely an FB at PCGS. Very hard to say from the pics whether or not a star is possible.