• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red China - U.S. Counterfeit Connection
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Dear Gentle Reader,

I implore you to consider the implications and ramifications of the following.

Possibly as long as a year ago, I decided to conduct a scientific experiment.  I got onto the Forum and boldly announced before God, and every member within earshot, that I, Henri Charriere (or whatever name I was using at the time)  🤣  intended to knowingly purchase a coin I knew to be a counterfeit, with a typically crude, un-Carr-like Morgan reverse.  It was reliably reported I immediately Iost 753 followers  doh! and every chartered, founding member of the local ACLU (the Anti-Counterfeiting League of America - Sarasota Division arrayed their cache of heavy artillery against me.  Not to be deterred by disgruntled dyed-in-the-blue hobbyists, I placed my order which was expected to ship from Guandong in 30 days.

Incredibly, I received the "coin," in due course, but lost sight of my primary motive which was to study the postal markings on the package.  I took a photo of the shipment, but neglected (I believe) the reason for posting it.

Some members here labor under the delusion that I am pro-counterfeit and perhaps even pro-China. Nothing could be further from the truth; they give me too much credit.  I merely wanted to provide proof of my assertion that the REAL ENEMY is not some bargain-basement knock-off combine in a remote mainland Chinese province, but their accessories acting in concert with their foreign counterparts.  I reported my find, posted my photos and moved on, completely forgetting the purpose of my "mission" which, if anyone wishes to charge me with giving aid and comfort to the enemy, cost me all of USD 13.

WHAT I WISH TO AMPLIFY IN MY ORIGINAL POST APPARENTLY SCRUBBED BY REVIEWERS, WAS THE U.S. ADDRESS ON THE LABEL WHICH WAS DEVOID OF ANY CHINESE MARKINGS.  I was unable toocate it in the morgue archives and was only reminded of it when I accidentally cam across a hastily scribbled note in my file:

CS@Orangeconnex.com  Loiusville Mega Cavern,  1841 Taylor Avenue, Bldg 24,  Louisville, KY. 40213

(866) 960-9554.

NOTE:  None of the above information appeared in the eBay ad, for good reason.

While I understand and appreciate the concerns of gatekeepers to the hobby, nevertheless, should like to emphasize that without U.S. support, the Chinese Connection could be nipped in the bud - or crippled.

No Federal agency need be concerned about Red China.  My feeling is the emphasis ought to be right here in the United States through mail covers at clearly identifiable street addresses where surveillances can be initiated, wire taps and eavesdropping devices secreted, mass arrests made, contraband seized, and prosecutions begun with the aim of forfeiting assets.

We have a choice of addressing supply, which appears futile, or addressing the more promising angle of demand which is being propagated in our own backyard.

The enemy is not some elusive bare-footed farmer in a straw hat with primitive mechanical expertise.  They are among us right here.  In any event, that is the way I perceive the problem to be and being the responsible member NGC would hope I will be, have suggested a constructive course of action.

(Posted in good faith at the discretion of Moderation.)

On 10/21/2024 at 8:13 PM, Henri Charriere said:

elusive bare-footed farmer in a straw hat with primitive mechanical expertise

At one point in my past, I resembled that remark.

On this coming Thursday, October 24, in Greenville, SC, I will be taking Brian Silliman's course on counterfeit coins, with an emphasis on modern Chinese fakes. There will be NO PART OF THE COURSE dealing with Mr. Carr's work, because the ANA (the course's sponsor) does NOT regard Mr. Carr to be associated with counterfeiting, Mr. Burdette's wildly libelous protestations to the contrary notwithstanding. IN POINT OF FACT, the ANA regularly visits Mr. Carr's facility during Summer Seminar, and he is a member in Good Standing with the ANA.

Edited by VKurtB

On 10/21/2024 at 9:34 PM, VKurtB said:

At one point in my past, I resembled that remark.

There is nothing in the voluminous files maintained by Google and their partners to support that assertion.  I believe you were a contender from Day One and worked very hard to achieve all you have. 

On 10/21/2024 at 8:44 PM, Henri Charriere said:

There is nothing in the voluminous files maintained by Google and their partners to support that assertion.  I believe you were a contender from Day One and worked very hard to achieve all you have. 

Well, at one point, my contiguous neighbor to my east was an Amish farmer, as was the neighbor to my south and north.