• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up a new Canadian coin for my collection / Points in Registry
1 1

8 posts in this topic

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/534141/

Picked up a coin today and it's the highest points by far in my registry. How do they come to what points you get for a coin? 

I would think my Ceylon coin would have gotten more points then this one. 

Also if I was doing a custom set could I do a Edward VII one? And place any coins I get with Edward VII on it? I read a little on it but not sure about it. 

6288733_Full_Rev.jpg

6288733_Full_Obv.jpg

6246418_Full_Obv.jpg

6246418_Full_Rev.jpg

On 10/17/2024 at 6:37 PM, Halbrook Family said:

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/534141/

Picked up a coin today and it's the highest points by far in my registry. How do they come to what points you get for a coin? 

I would think my Ceylon coin would have gotten more points then this one. 

Registry points are determined by a formula that uses the rarity, grade, and prices of a coin to arrive at a registry point number.   What that formula is I don't know, but if you feel the points are too low you can use the registry system to request a point adjustment.   If you click on the points awarded to your coin it will bring up this screen.

image.png.fd293aec738c5436d7d3a4067b4b47af.png

Then you click on the blue highlighted request a score correction.

On 10/17/2024 at 6:37 PM, Halbrook Family said:

Also if I was doing a custom set could I do a Edward VII one? And place any coins I get with Edward VII on it? I read a little on it but not sure about it. 

Custom sets can be just about any configuration that you want, I cannot foresee any reason that would preclude you from starting a custom set as you have outlined.

You have the third one, Holly leaves are also known as the pointed leaves.  
The last two that sold on eBay each went for $391.00 CDN.

You can do the conversion to USD