• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 D Jefferson Nickel

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I am completely new to this and I am looking over all the piggy banks in my house holding coins.

At the moment, I was looking over a few nickels and stumbled upon a 1962 Jefferson nickel which I wanted to confirm if this has any worth?

My assumption is normal price, but I just wanted a confirmation. There are a few dents which seem to be caused by constant friction or object hitting.

20240927_134527.jpg

20240927_134540.jpg

20240927_134559.jpg

On 9/27/2024 at 1:57 PM, Kitty908 said:

My assumption is normal price, but I just wanted a confirmation. There are a few dents which seem to be caused by constant friction or object hitting.

20240927_134527.jpg

20240927_134540.jpg

20240927_134559.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Correctamundo, a perfectly normal nickel with some dings and dents from circulation.

Any reason why this particular coin stood out to you?

On 9/27/2024 at 2:31 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Welcome to the forum.

Correctamundo, a perfectly normal nickel with some dings and dents from circulation.

Any reason why this particular coin stood out to you?

Hello!

Honestly, I was just checking a few coins that popped out from my purse and noticed it being a bit different from the rest. After a few searches, I came to realize that it might hold something of value but the dents might make it a completely normal nickel.

Thank you for the response!

On 9/27/2024 at 2:35 PM, Kitty908 said:

Hello!

Honestly, I was just checking a few coins that popped out from my purse and noticed it being a bit different from the rest. After a few searches, I came to realize that it might hold something of value but the dents might make it a completely normal nickel.

Thank you for the response!

No problem. (thumbsu

I was just curious if you noticed something, some feature, about the coin that may have directed me to look at a specific area closer. 

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

Apart from being struck from a slightly misaligned obverse die, as indicated by the slight gap between the rim and the edge at the upper portion of the obverse, this appears to be a perfectly normal circulated 1962-D nickel. Coins struck from slightly misaligned dies are very common and not worth a premium. In circulated condition, this issue is only worth its face value of five cents.