• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you buy the coin and not the grade (DETs or STRAIGHT) you will never be disappointed.
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2024 at 8:37 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

.... Also please consider rescuing an animal from your local shelter to assist you in your collecting.  ....Cheers! image.png.62417d6d5b3dadac395247927a031ff3.pngimage.thumb.png.81dbf9024d690e30bdbf793fa4f8c2c2.png

🐓:  Assist, how?  What's he want me to do?

Q.A.:  We're done.  They held you and your brothers overseas, I paid a King's ransom to bail you out. Mission accomplished!  We couldn't have done it without each other.

But there is something I wanted to ask Mike:  Have you ever been tempted to try your magic potions on this chocolate brown example, going so far as decapsulating it, or did you feeling, in view of its age, composition and scarcity, it was too risky a proposition to undertake?

On 9/14/2024 at 11:34 PM, Henri Charriere said:

🐓:  Assist, how?  What's he want me to do?

Q.A.:  We're done.  They held you and your brothers overseas, I paid a King's ransom to bail you out. Mission accomplished!  We couldn't have done it without each other.

But there is something I wanted to ask Mike:  Have you ever been tempted to try your magic potions on this chocolate brown example, going so far as decapsulating it, or did you feeling, in view of its age, composition and scarcity, it was too risky a proposition to undertake?

I would never remove any coin from a reputable TPG slab and mess with it. That is a NO -NO. The coin above would neither be improved or repaired in any way since mechanical damage such as a scratch is not repairable. Also, the coloring and surface of this coin are pretty nice. No need to mess with a coin like this in a slab or out. Selecting candidates for these processes is the MOST difficult part of the conservation process. Choosing the wrong pill shoots you out the back door of the MATRIX.

On 9/15/2024 at 9:21 AM, Mike Meenderink said:

Selecting candidates for these processes is the MOST difficult part of the conservation process.

True. Most coins should not be messed with.