• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Variety Attribution for Mexican Coins
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I plan on submitting a Mexican 2 Reales coin from the 19th century that has an overdate, but I noticed a discrepancy in the NGC charts. The variety plus site does not note any varieties for the 2 reales from that era, yet on the census there are a number of coins with overdate designations. How would I go about getting the overdate attribution? Is it considered a type so I do not have to specify variety attribution and pay the fee or do I need to specify variety attribution even though the version is not in the variety plus section? I should note, this specific overdate has been given once before as per the NGC census.

• Administrator

Hi @jpveraud,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please provide me with the year of the coin and I can reach out to the team ad see if this is something that we still designate on a Mexican 2 Reales. Please let us know if you have any concerns. Thank you,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The coin in question is an 1854/3 Zacatecas OM Mexico 2 reales. For what its worth, NGC census does not report any non-overdate 1854 Zacatecas OM.

• Administrator

Hi @jpveraud,

Thank you for the information. I was able to check our variety plus page and this is not a Variety that we attribute for this coin.  We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thank you,