• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is This A Great Britain Error
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I only purchased this coin because nobody else bided on it. This has to be an error, right?

Great Britain 1959 Half Penny, and She looks marvelous. What MS grade do you suspect She might slab? And this is one of my 700+Coins, Thank You.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend.

KIMG1079.JPG

KIMG1078.JPG

On 9/1/2024 at 7:01 PM, imnotaminion said:

I only purchased this coin because nobody else bided on it. This has to be an error, right?

Great Britain 1959 Half Penny, and She looks marvelous. What MS grade do you suspect She might slab? And this is one of my 700+Coins, Thank You.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend.

KIMG1079.JPG

KIMG1078.JPG

Enjoy the weekend? You've presented us with dramatic proof the treasure chest was ripped crudely right out of the port side hull as one would an ATM machine and showered half the date with debris that's alteady been encrusted on half the date, and someone has taken a "shine" to the Princess, and you expect me to enjoy the weekend?

How's about getting this thing certified first, then I'll let you know how my weekend was?

Parting shot:  if you were to spell bidDED correctly, perhaps no one would suspect you of being a mere minion. Oh, and why would you want to place a bid at an auction featuring a coin your heirs will be scratching their heads over fir centuries to come?

On 9/1/2024 at 8:10 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Enjoy the weekend? You've presented us with dramatic proof the treasure chest was ripped crudely right out of the port side hull as one would an ATM machine and showered half the date with debris that's alteady been encrusted on half the date, and someone has taken a "shine" to the Princess, and you expect me to enjoy the weekend?

How's about getting this thing certified first, then I'll let you know how my weekend was?

Parting shot:  if you were to spell bidDED correctly, perhaps no one would suspect you of being a mere minion. Oh, and why would you want to place a bid at an auction featuring a coin your heirs will be scratching their heads over fir centuries to come?

Huh "...slabbed first..."? And you says this too the 1K's whom posts u slabbed coins a month? I didn't think so. How many of your slabbed coinage have you posted, 'seasoned vet'? Shhh-about me

Compare the coin you have with the 1959 half penny, a Choice BU Proof with stunning toning -- now being given Top Billing on eBay for $149.99 (llsy coins) OBO to be shipped free from Queens (with free returns) with your vandalized ghost ship. No comparison.

Bailiff!

Next case!

Damage does not an error make. This is damage. I'm astonished this was not obvious to you.

On 9/1/2024 at 8:53 PM, imnotaminion said:

Huh "...slabbed first..."? And you says this too the 1K's whom posts u slabbed coins a month? I didn't think so. How many of your slabbed coinage have you posted, 'seasoned vet'? Shhh-about me

🤣 

It's a strained/corroded coin that was scrubbed with an abrasive (not the scratches on the obverse). It has no collector value.