• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bulk submissions
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I should like to apologize to the membership for my inability to participate in the recent post regarding the bulk submission of an apparent mix of 766 coins.  In scrubbing the matter, we lost a rare opportunity to review the roles of both submitters and receivers of same.

Charges of discrimination are understandable and common where there is a breakdown in communication. I still maintain @Sandon assessed the problem most accurately.  Others had as well. I was profoundly disappointed one member rejected another member's suggestion the OP obliterate all references of a personal nature.

Providing photos addresses only a single aspect of an order submitted with mistaken beliefs and a clear lack of experience.  We lost an invaluable teachable moment that would have greatly benefitted the entire membership parts of which, I believe, have not a clue as to how to properly fill out a submission form.

@rrantique immediately detected a obvious deficiency, a submission form that was not filled out properly with the ever-helpful @Sandon providing a correct definition of what "bulk" submission means.  It would not have mattered if some of the coins were legitimate candidates for consideration. That does not ameliorate the glaring flaw: failure (likely unintended) to fill out a submission form properly. 

I once enjoyed upgraded membership, but never assumed that entitled me to prima donna treatment.  It certainly did not entitle me to "dealer" membership.  I believe looking at the Form objectively, one would be hard-pressed to assume anyone who had been a member here for Three Years submitted it.  Had any attempt been made to group the coins by denomination or perceived errors or varieties or rarity?  We will not know.  One thing I am certain of: if anyone who considers himself a coin collector, he would never have submitted them in unprotected, "change-jar" fashion.  Suppose, unbeknownst to him, there had been a true rarity there? Considering how heavy boxes are routinely handled by ground transportation services, that would be nothing less than disrespectful and contemptuous.

My idea of a bulk submission is best expressed as an intact Monster Box.  Such submissions, whether one believes in the concept or not, constitutes an ideal and any Form submitted in support of the shipment would be routine to fill out: same date, denomination and adverbial description. If you believe you can unload your load of metal bearing considerable weight onto a TPGS with the attitude it's their job to figure it all out, sorry, you're wrong.  It isn't.  There is a proper way of doing things.

The real tragedy here is the problem was never adequately addressed.  Stating the TPGS did you a favor in the absence of hard facts is quite a reach and predictably found offense with the submitter.

Some members have to be taken  by the hand, and walked thru the process.  The member is one of them.  I honestly feel he had not an inkling as to the disaster in the making he had unleashed in Sarasota.

One final note:  the yellow Post-It note attached to the Submission Form, bore the name Matt.  There are members here who have long regarded me as a nuisance, incorrigible and intractable, deserving of no consideration in the matter of involuntary disciplinary deportations.  It gives me great pleasure to  cite Matt as one of the few members before whom my case was tried, who generously gave me the benefit of the doubt.  I should therefore like to commend the Website Coordinator, Customer Service, the CCG and Moderation for investigating the facts, weighing the evidence and extending to me the ultimate courtesy.of allowing me to return -- with the explicit understanding this is my last chance, regardless what the naysayers not privt to all the factors to persist in insisting.

Man, I love this place!

Some people are prone to forgive all manner of ignorance. I am not among them. I expect people to read and understand things BEFORE doing something ignorant. I have no tolerance for, nor forgiveness of, avoidable ignorance.