• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double Eagle Pics
1 1

34 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2024 at 7:21 PM, RWB said:

Nope. I'm asking for consistency and adherence to STABLE (as in not where horses are stored) grade definitions. Since the present grading mess - largely the fault of TPGs greedy and unstable practices - is unstable, the I refer to the last consistently reliable definitions. Further, it is the coins' appearance, and only that, which expresses the "grade."  I use the old reliable standards, because they ARE reliable. If you doubt that, go look at your older and newer slabs and explain grade inflation.

Roger, you should check out the interview with John Albanese talking about the 1985 Gold Coin bubble and market vs. technical grading.  Shows how even a guy with a reputation for being tough on gold was being dragged into doing things he really felt uncomforable doing.

I see it in the financial markets with growth vs. value investing, historical valuation metrics, etc.xD

On 9/10/2024 at 4:23 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Roger, you should check out the interview with John Albanese talking about the 1985 Gold Coin bubble and market vs. technical grading.  Shows how even a guy with a reputation for being tough on gold was being dragged into doing things he really felt uncomforable doing.

I see it in the financial markets with growth vs. value investing, historical valuation metrics, etc.xD

But....he caved in to the greed. So much for the "hobby" and "pleasure" once associated with it.

I will grade coins, medals etc. consistently and accurately as I see them; and also value them accordingly.

Note:  My sincere apologies for intruding on the OPs Topic and thread with seemingly unrelated issues.

Editorial Comment...

Funny or not, I fail to see how denying @RWB the opportunity to address the membership, speaking ex cathedra, as it were, in a stentorian voice, may be harmful. Why deny him the ability to do what he does best? Shall we all think alike and not allow anyone to express his own diverging opinion? @RWB is not a threat to anyone.  Intolerance, however, is.  

We are all adults here.  Why not allow each viewer to decide for himself what is substantive, and what is fluff?  If the predictable is something you find comfort in, engage Alexa. Everyone is entitled to be heard whatever his viewpoint.