• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

41 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2024 at 9:08 AM, VKurtB said:

You’re discounting the most likely scenario - that EC is doing the bringing into Rick’s shop. Appearance fees?

Can't see that.  He's a bigtime collector, not going to collect some nickels and dimes from "Pawn Shop."

On 7/19/2024 at 8:13 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Can't see that.  He's a bigtime collector, not going to collect some nickels and dimes from "Pawn Shop."

Yes, but he is ALSO the first “whale” collector to ever participate in online forums, so there’s that.

On 7/19/2024 at 9:24 AM, VKurtB said:

Yes, but he is ALSO the first “whale” collector to ever participate in online forums, so there’s that.

Extra publicity before putting up his completed collection for auction? I do not buy this assertion, but put it out there for comment. Maybe he’s just having some fun with it? 

Maybe , just Maybe - Kurt will become a Pawn Star fan.  Just kidding Kurt. 

On 7/19/2024 at 9:52 AM, Zebo said:

Extra publicity before putting up his completed collection for auction? I do not buy this assertion, but put it out there for comment. Maybe he’s just having some fun with it? 

Maybe , just Maybe - Kurt will become a Pawn Star fan.  Just kidding Kurt. 

1) Don’t expect to EVER catch me in Vegas.

2) If 1) fails, don’t ever expect to catch me in that store.

On 7/18/2024 at 5:21 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Did you cut OldHoopster slack when he repeatedly asked you to leave him alone?  The fact that you still drag him after his death is the reason I will show you NONE.  

It's of no matter... because, you never intend to leave this forum.  You like to attention seek, so leaving takes away (what seems to be) your most common vehicle for this activity.  Interestingly, I do think you have some numismatic knowledge in there somewhere.  But, you don't commonly share it... and it's buried in word salad when you do.  I can say you have taught me nothing (which is not to say you owe me an education).

I wish you no ill will at all.  But, I want you to know that you have (nearly single handedly) ruined this forum with your behavior.  It's sad, because despite what you think... that will be your legacy to most here.  Once you are gone, perhaps discourse can continue without your derailments.  Thus, improving these boards overall.

So... do whatever you wish.  I am not signing off from the boards... I am just blocking you.  You have earned it.

...so aptly put...n on so many different levels, i have an old friend from my military days who now teaches psychology at one of the top medical schools in the country n ask him to look at a couple hundred of u know who's postings...his observations were very profound...if ever interested i could pm them to u....

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2024 at 11:52 AM, VKurtB said:

1) Don’t expect to EVER catch me in Vegas.

2) If 1) fails, don’t ever expect to catch me in that store.

Not the 1933, but maybe you can Join Jeff and his wife for dinner after visiting the pawn shop. I just happened to see this which aired a couple nights ago (I think). Just kidding again Kurt - no offense implied.

IMG_6519.jpeg

IMG_6520.jpeg

IMG_6521.jpeg

IMG_6522.jpeg

IMG_6524.jpeg

Edited by Zebo

Posted (edited)

And as a kicker, our own David Vagi makes a visit. Glad to see the NGC publicly.

IMG_6528.jpeg

IMG_6534.jpeg

IMG_6530.jpeg

NOW BACK TO THE 1933

Edited by Zebo

I’m guessing Jeff gets to Vegas occasionally for the PCGS members only coin shows. 

On 7/20/2024 at 1:29 PM, VKurtB said:

I’m guessing Jeff gets to Vegas occasionally for the PCGS members only coin shows. 

I imagine that you are correct. Fun stuff for him. I am still debating whether I’ll go to Rosemont or not. I believe you said you are going to miss this one - if I remember correctly. 

On 7/20/2024 at 12:37 PM, Zebo said:

I imagine that you are correct. Fun stuff for him. I am still debating whether I’ll go to Rosemont or not. I believe you said you are going to miss this one - if I remember correctly. 

Yup, this year I’m out. Too many post-surgical appointments to shlep my wife to after her hip replacement and subsequent dislocation. I had to cut my Summer Seminar trip short by two days after the dislocation.