• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

technical error
2 2

6 posts in this topic

does a coin with a wrong year on the label get regraded or it will always get back in the same grade and just the error corrected?

• Administrator

Hello @chaim1213, thank you for reaching out to us. Happy to help! Coins with clerical label errors submitted for Mechanical Errors correction are not re-graded upon submission. 
Just the error will be corrected and the grade will remain the same. I hope this helps! Thanks again and please let us know if we may assist you in the future!

hello, many thanks for your prompt reply

i did try to return a coin with mechanical error but to my disappointment i was told that i get ups label with no insurance on my coin,  which is unacceptable as NGC made a mistake and why should i pay to insure this expensive coin

to correct the mistake?

• Administrator

Hello @chaim1213, thank you for following up with us. It seems you may have been a tad misinformed. While the insurance isn't with UPS, we would file an insurance claim on your behalf if something were to happen during the shipping back to NGC. Please be sure to accurately value your coin on the mechanical error submission form. I hope this helps! Thank you again for reaching out and please let us know if we may assist you in the future. 

thanks but as this travels with ups ground there is no way to get it insured for the value of this coin which is now more than that

so perhaps you can get me a overnight label insured till 25k

On 7/18/2024 at 7:12 AM, chaim1213 said:

thanks but as this travels with ups ground there is no way to get it insured for the value of this coin which is now more than that

so perhaps you can get me a overnight label insured till 25k

I think you might not understand, NGC has private insurance, so any losses are not done through UPS but through the insurance carrier that NGC uses.   So the insurance info that UPS provides is not relevant for this situation.   Separately, I too would want a faster service than ground UPS as I am uncomfortable having a coin(s) with significant value in the hands of the shipper for an extended time.