• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Quarter - front Random O
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

What you see as an "O" is just damage from an impact from a punch or other tool or pointed object, creating a depression and displaced metal along its sides. The damage appears to have occurred after the coin had already acquired most of its circulation wear.

On 6/27/2024 at 5:54 PM, THeSWeeTMaMa said:

Thank you. What is the best place to ask random questions like this one so I don't post in the incorrect forums?

The newbie section is the best spot for these types of random questions.

Don't let tge harsh feedback get you down. I had the same question, about a repunchedint mark in multiple strikes all over the coin. Turns out was just similar a error or sometimes from age and damage

It's a nice coin and has no rust or other things that would diminish value. Look to see if it is a silver planchet error coin. That could be a big find. 

Good luck! Keep asking questions. don't let the ones that take this too seriously get to you! 

On 6/28/2024 at 12:58 AM, Coinbuf said:

The newbie section is the best spot for these types of random questions.

Hold on a minute... this IS the Newbie Forum!

And @Greenstang... what's this I hear  about "Registered Sets"?  Huh?

🐓  :  Clad.

Q.A.:  Thanks, Ricky. Your coin inquiry is time-barred by my proposed Statute of Limitations which basically states if the coin is from the 20th century, or older, the chances it may be an error, are remote or none. (The other consideration is being a clad, it has no intrinsic value, no melt value, and no numismatic value.)  Relying on my decades of hobby experience, and not wishing to damage my credibility or reputation, I would estimate the value of this coin to be twenty-five cents. If others vehemently disagree I shall, as always, defer to my elders.  :preach:

And @Greenstang... what's this I hear  about "Registered Sets"?  Huh?

It was originally posted in the Registered Sets forum. I asked a mod to move it the the more appropriate Newbie Forum which they did.

On 6/29/2024 at 10:49 AM, Greenstang said:

It was originally posted in the Registered Sets forum. I asked a mod to move it the the more appropriate Newbie Forum which they did.

Q.A.:  I er, uh, misspoke.  Yeah, that's it. I misspoke...

🐓  :  Why can't you humble yourself and admit you didn't even know there was a Registered Set forum. Hey, where are you going?

Q.A.:  To that new playground.  C'mon, Ricky, let's bounce.

🐓  :  Sorry, Greenstang. He needs to grow up. Thanks for the heads up.