• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could a well trained eye take a look at this🙏🏻
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I walked into a high end coin shop in Washington, and asked if they had any junk silver “I’m always lookin for a deal “

He looked at me side ways and chuckled, and said he had 1955-S BU rolls. The price was right so I bought em. 

I’ve never seen a roll like this, much less nail polished shut. I could see one roll was opened but the other two were still sealed up. We BS’d for a bit, good old guy only job he’d ever had. 

I got home and put the open Roll under the Scope. I found three different S mint marks with this one showing a die crack and what looks like a Maryland Monroe beauty mark. 

I’ve looked through a variety book but couldn’t find any pictures or references to this. Searched google and a couple forums. Nothing on photograde. 
Any one seen this before? There are three like this in this roll. Any help is appreciated, 

is it rare? 
is it worth more that melt? 
Can it be graded? 
Would it be worth grading a dime? 

WIN_20240622_08_19_30_Pro.jpeg

WIN_20240622_08_26_40_Pro.jpeg

IMG_8346.jpeg

On 6/25/2024 at 5:06 PM, Coinbuf said:

.... I would grade your dime as MS64 from these photos giving it a value of roughly $1.60 for the silver content of the coin.

But, but... the silver melt value of the coin was about $2.19, last I checked.

On 6/25/2024 at 9:23 PM, imnotaminion said:

Unfortunately, my perspective that AnyAll coin abnormalities  throughout the minting process should be universally accepted as errors throughout Numismatics.

Have you heard of "CONECA"? "conecaonline.com" I once had a membership, but I let it expire. I totally forgot about the company/service. They specializes 110% in coin errors. When I had an account, I chatted only a few times. But I came across an account whom is a member of 10K+ whom only collects cuds/die chips. I'll have too re-up my "CONECA" account and send my die deterioration/die chip/cud/die ruptures coins there for attribution. Recently, I submitted 766 coins for grading, here at NGC.

Now that I know die deterioration/die ruptures/cuds are not recognized here. I'll have to send them too CONECA at some point.

But check out "CONECA". I'll re-up next week for sure.

I, am one of tens of thousands which die deterioration is appealing. However, and I'm learning myself, as I begins having coins graded that errors appearing too nearly devastates a coin is/are not it's defining value. Die deterioration too me is beautiful! But unfortunately, my perspective that AnyAll abnormalities on a coin throughout the minting process should be categorized and given alits individuality definition and universally accepted as an error throughout Numismatics.

Have you heard of "CONECA"? "conecealnline.com" I had a membership. But I let it expire. I totally forgot about the company because they specializes 110% in coin errors. When I had an account, I chatted with guys whom have tens of thousands strong members whom only collects cuds/die chips. I'll have too re-up my account and send my die detection/die chip/cud/die ruptures coins there for grading. I recent submitted 766 coins for grading here, and there are a few of my favorite die issue coins here. I know now the designation may not be labeled here and that's my fault.

But check out "CONECA". I'll re-up next week for sure.

Edited by imnotaminion
I did not initially edit.

🐓:  I don't know which is worse, the ailment, which may be contagious and whose medical term slips my mind, presently, or this CONECA which enables it buoyed along with material support from its stricken members.

Q.A.:  Yes, I know what you mean. The member cites the number of grading events, not in broad, general terms, e.g., hundreds, but with stark precision: 766... Absolutely mind-boggling!  And we aid and abet it by obfuscating it by assigning the deterioration phenomena observed with clever descriptors like dies, chips, cracks and ruptures...

🐓:  I thought the one memorialized as "Maryland" Monroe was precious, beyond words.  doh!