• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Appraise my Coin
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Screenshot_20240530_002120_eBay.thumb.jpg.10ddcca992ce3c31395c735cf3a3a77c.jpgPost Front and Back Pics of a Coin to be appraised or...

Give a free appraisal of a Coin including Value in U.S. Dollars. Here's one to Start the Game

Need much better photos than that and where is the reverse.   
Concentrate on the coin instead of that third rate slabber.

On 6/22/2024 at 7:28 AM, Greenstang said:

Need much better photos than that and where is the reverse.   
Concentrate on the coin instead of that third rate slabber.

On 6/22/2024 at 7:24 AM, Captain Murder said:

Screenshot_20240530_002120_eBay.thumb.jpg.10ddcca992ce3c31395c735cf3a3a77c.jpgPost Front and Back Pics of a Coin to be appraised or...

Give a free appraisal of a Coin including Value in U.S. Dollars. Here's one to Start the Game

Anyways... drop the attitude and play nice, this could be a fun Activity.

This time, you've posted a topic that should have been on the "U.S., World and Ancient Coins" or "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" forum in the Coin Marketplace forum that is supposed to be devoted to legitimate sale or purchase offers.

It would be impossible to appraise the coin from the still sole obverse photo provided or, for that matter, from any photos. Accurate grading of a coin--especially of one that is said to be in a higher mint state grade--would require in hand examination under proper lighting and magnification.

The grade given on the later PCI holder is meaningless. Back in the 1990s, in its green border holder days (pink for "details" grades), PCI was a reputable though lower tier grading service. In its later iterations, (gold or blue bordered holders), PCI is considered a "basement slabber". I recall reading in Coin World some years ago that the then owner of PCI was an unscrupulous dealer who largely slabbed his own inventory with inflated grades and was convicted, I think, of fraud.

I've never seen toning like that on any other Peace dollar and find it highly suspicious. If you think that the coin deserves a MS 66 grade, I recommend that you remove it from the PCI holder and submit it to NGC, PCGS, or CAC Grading. As it stands, the only evaluation I could give of the coin, assuming that the reverse is unworn, would be "uncirculated details with questionable color (or artificial toning)", and worth perhaps $35 retail.

I placed Post in Coin Marketplace b/c after being appraised it could be sold to viewers of post. Also, my app doesn't work with pics, I'm lucky I got that one to upload, app usually kicks me out of post section the second I try to add pics.

It may be bogus, it may be Legit, but either way it's Taboo Eye Candy. Let's say the Toning is real and the MS 66 is legit ... what would you pay for it? $500, $15,000, ???