• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

France prize medal
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Will NGC Grade this medal?

SECOND EMPIRE Médaille,
Association des anciens élèves du collège et du Lycée de Lille, Prix de Mathémaiques(1869)

DSC_0047 (2).JPG

DSC_0046 (2).JPG

Edited by G.O

• Administrator

Hi @G.O,

Thank you for contacting us and for the images. From what I can see we should be able to grade this for you. The grading team will have the final say once we get the coin here to examine. This coin does look a little thick in the images, but it might be the picture. It is also a bigger coin so it would not fit in our standard holder. If the coin is 4.5 mm or less it can go in a standard holder but if it is thicker than that it will need to go into a double-thick holder. 

image.png
image.png

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Thank you, 

Thank you for your reply.

The diameter of this medal is 77.5 mm and the thickness is 5.5 mm, so it will have to go into a oversize holder.
I think I'll grade the medal one day.

I'd like to ask you to be my reference, what kind of award medals that are not listed in the catalog can be graded?