• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year is my Lincoln Head Cent?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

This is a call out to Sandon, powermad5000, and coinbuf. As you gentlemen have recently taken the time to answer my cionage questions.

At first glance I thought this was a 1910-S Lincoln Head Cent. Only 6mil made. Not Bzzzzzz wrong. It appears to be a 1940-S Cent. But where is the rest of the "4" in "1940" and why such a separation between the 9 and 4?  I'm willing to entertain any thoughts on pocket damage. But common "cents" tells me it's not very likely only the left half of this numeral 4 in 1940 was worn down and removed by friction or circulating. And not have damaged or worn down the rest of 1940 or the "S".  Thanks in advance. Possibly just a worn out or unpolished dirty die?  And trust me, i know how I am. I've had to live with me longer than anyone has....

20240613_224556.jpg

20240613_225353.jpg

20240613_224605.jpg

20240613_224645.jpg

Wrong  it was an error. You simply give too much credit. I knew it was an altered coin the first time I looked at with a magnifying glass. 

Ps I'm not as much a "newbie" as have presented myself.  It's the negative downtalkong like that that keeps people away from your forums ect.   

On 6/16/2024 at 10:43 PM, Rollingmyown said:

Wrong  it was an error. You simply give too much credit. I knew it was an altered coin the first time I looked at with a magnifying glass. 

Ps I'm not as much a "newbie" as have presented myself.  It's the negative downtalkong like that that keeps people away from your forums ect.   

No offense intended, Mr., er, uh, Rollingmyown.  (worship)

On 6/17/2024 at 5:34 AM, Rollingmyown said:

Thank you , you just proved my point for me. With your "er uh" bowing down, passive aggressive attept to save face. 

If I wanted to save face, I certainly wouldn't choose the face I have!   :makepoint:   doh!   :roflmao: