• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 L on rim wheat penny
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is a keeper for collection or not.  I had been told having the L in rim is something unique.  Is this true?   Thanks to all who give advice, it’s truly appreciated    

IMG_6137.thumb.jpeg.eaf36bb48302e612621bef09e8040155.jpeg

IMG_6139.jpeg

Whoever told you this was wrong. There is a great deal of disinformation about coins on the Internet. A 1941 cent in circulated (Fine or so) condition like this one is only worth a few cents. The "L" being near the rim, likely the result of a worn die combined with wear, adds no value.

Please see the following forum topics to find reliable print and online resources from which you can learn about U.S. coins:

Keeper for your collection? Definitely, while not much value a 1941 cent would be a good start to a Lincoln cent collection.  As Sandon stated better than I ever could, Lon rim is not an error, just a scam from unscrupulous sellers!

All Lincoln cents had the L close to the rim up to 1968. In 1969 they reworked the master die    
and moved it away from the rim so from then to present they are all the same.

Thanks so much. Great information and advice.   There is so much confusion and misinformation out there. Plenty of scammers too.  I appreciate the integrity.