• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden 2004 D Nickel, Bicentenary of Lewis & Clark Expedition, Keelboat - Error?
1 1

18 posts in this topic

?? I don't get it. What's wrong with that post? It states the coin description, auction house and starting bid, and the fact that there could be some sort of error that I am not trained to find myself. Error Coins are big on Yahoo news. What's the upsetting part?

All I see is Environmental Toning, no errors.   
And what do you mean by “may be errors”, if there is an error, you are supposed to describe it.   
This is misrepresenting the coin. If eBay notices this, they will remove the listing.

I googled the coin and nothing showed up relevant, including errors. So it was either drive an hour to the closest reputable coin shop to ask a professional or sell it via auction on eBay and hope someone knows what to look for and bids. I put a question mark to imply I can't find the appropriate info on Google, which is all false opinions, and knows what it worth and bids. Pardon my French, but "Dite moi, porquoi est dificulte trouver en google"

Using your logic, I could pick up a rock out of my driveway, list it on eBay for a hundred bucks, and claim, "it may contain a diamond, but I don't know. Judge for yourself."

Technically not illegal, I suppose, but definitely slimy, as Coinbuf said. Add to that the fact that you repeatedly spammed this forum after being told it was not acceptable, and I have to conclude that you are definitely someone of low moral character. That may not bother you even a little bit, but if I knew that a whole forum full of people felt that way about me, I would give some thought to changing my ways.

There is no rational or factual basis to ask for a minimum bid of $99.99 for a discolored and spotted 2004-D Keelboat reverse nickel. The most likely explanation for the discoloration and spotting, which is usually the correct one, is environmental damage.  That "Seller does not accept returns" is telling.

On 6/9/2024 at 10:39 PM, Captain Murder said:

How bout this... I've seen this coin for sale for $500 on eBay. What would you price it at? And do you.know the common errors on this coin?

I’d price it at 7¢. 

On 6/9/2024 at 10:00 PM, Coinbuf said:

You are the type of corrupt slimy type of person that gives numismatics a bad name.

Imagine that! Corrupt AND slimy! The thing is - @Coinbuf is NOT WRONG!

Do you know the "Current Known Errors" for this coin? I couldn't find them on Google, so I decided to sell it via auction, to anyone who knows what to look for. A lot of common coins have rare Errors and are Valuable. If your not privy to the " Errors list" then just don't bid. Some treasure hunter must want it at that price, it's the "Gold Mine Investor/Buyer Demand Curve".

On 6/14/2024 at 7:21 PM, Captain Murder said:

Seller Beware, this could be an underPriced Error coin...

It’s not. And you are a con man.