• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a reholder discount for typos on the label
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have two Jefferson nickels with label errors, just clerical mistakes, but is there a discount for reholdering to correct them?

They are NGC number 8152628-005 that says 1944-P, when you can see from its picture that it is a 1942-P Ty 2. 

The second is NGC number 6536066-009 that says 1963 when it is actually a 1961-D MS66 as its pictures show.

No significant value differences but confusing.

I will not attach the photos as they are larger than the limit and are both available on the verification page for the NGC number.

Thanks

Welcome to the NGC chat board. As the NGC Registry forum is intended for topics directly related to the certified coin registry, this topic should have been posted on the "Ask NGC/NCS" forum if you were seeking a reply from the NGC staff.

There should be no charge by NGC at any time to reholder coins with labels bearing the wrong dates, as this would be classified as a "label defect" type of "mechanical error". See NGC’s Mechanical Errors / Returns Policy | NGC (ngccoin.com). You would apparently have to bear any cost of shipping the coins to NGC, however.

Welcome to the forum, the info Sandon provided is basically correct.   The last mechanical error I had NGC paid for the shipping both ways and corrected the error, I cannot guarantee that NGC will cover the shipping for you but that was my experience.

I recommend that you contact the NGC customer service by phone, explain the situation to them and perhaps they will send you a FedEx label (as they did for me) so you can ship these to them for correction.