• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 p wheat cent multiple errors
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the Chat Board

It has a value of 1 cent.
There is nothing on that coin that constitutes an error. It is all just damage   
Once I saw “ multiple errors”, I knew what to expect. It is hard enough to find    
a coin with a single error, let alone multiple ones. Suggest you read up on    
what a actual error really is so you can save yourself time as about 99% of   
coins with anomolies are damaged, not errors. It is only an error if it happens.  
during the striking of the coin. Anything that happens after that is damage.
A good site to start with is “error-ref.com”

Edited by Greenstang

Posted (edited)

Wow..  the coin has been melted, vised at least 3 times with some other coins, stabbed with a sharp pointed object and treated like an incorrigible evil stepchild. Kudos my friend you may have the world's worst fake error attempt coin. Nice

Edited by Mike Meenderink

Value = 1 cent. Beat up and damaged. Why do you think the damages are really errors?

Posted (edited)

Want to surprise the world with your own Ethereum-based crypto project? Order smart contracts development on our website! We have assembled a team of Solidity experts capable of turning your ideas into reality. Each of our developers is a professional with vast experience and commitment to excellence website here  hiring skilled Solidity developers  . We guarantee the quality and accuracy of every completed project. Our website provides a convenient platform to find and collaborate with the best professionals. Do not postpone your ambitions for later - start creating your crypto project today with us!

Edited by sadafert

On 5/29/2024 at 4:11 PM, Greenstang said:

.... It has a value of 1 cent.

Actually, the bad news is it may no longer be accepted by a proprietor (or Coin Star machine) as one cent.

The good news is its a lifelong member of the rarely heard from Wheatie sect and seeing as how it is comprised of 90% copper, its melt values is a few cents. (Copper has risen so much that I would not be surprised if it were withdrawn from all other U.S. coins in which it is the primary ingredient in the alloy.)

As your coin has lost whatever numismatic value it may have once had, I would hold on to it.

On 6/5/2024 at 11:07 AM, sadafert said:

Interesting I haven't seen this kind of information on the internet in a long time thank you for helping me understand it

No errors, just a lot of routine, and intentional damage.

Your won't see this kind of truthful information in most internet videos. The "authors" are trying to either sell you junk  by calling it "errors," or looking for advertising money based on the number of viewers -- aka, "click bait." Every one of them knows what they are doing is dishonest and a lie.

On 6/5/2024 at 9:02 PM, RWB said:

No errors, just a lot of routine, and intentional damage.

Your won't see this kind of truthful information in most internet videos. The "authors" are trying to either sell you junk  by calling it "errors," or looking for advertising money based on the number of viewers -- aka, "click bait." Every one of them knows what they are doing is dishonest and a lie.

One of my favorite @RWB posts EVER.