• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 wheat Penny
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I found this coin in an old jar of change. I was hoping some of you experienced coin collectors to help me to determine the value of its more that 1 cent.

Thanks for the help,

Kenny

IMG_1939.jpeg

We are not shown both sides, but if the reverse looks like the obverse, it's basically worth the copper value.

Posted (edited)

If it is worth more than 1 cent, it’s not by much.  
Just one of over 887 million minted that year beside the fact that it shows damage.

In the future always show both sides of the coin and crop your pictures.

Edited by Greenstang

Posted (edited)

Most circulated wheat coins (like yours) from the thirties on are only worth around 3 cents each for the copper metal value.   Coins from those years need to be uncirculated to have any value over that.   The only exception is for any varieties or error coins which might be of interest to collectors of those type of coins.

Yours is a nice looking coin not all trashed or road rashed as so many are, it would look nice in a circ wheat album.

Edited by Coinbuf