• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1934 token
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello there!  :hi:

The waving hand positioned strategically but unobtrusively on the NE corner of your user name requires the membership treat you as a welcome guest.

Your question is a fair one, unfortunately, the key to the identity of this coin will rely on great part on what that [9]? -lettered word above the two "maps" read. The date is well-worn but somewhat legible.

I would like to know from whom you obtained this coin and what they may have told you regarding same.  Hopefully, the membership here will be able to tell you off the cuff what this is, or steer you in the right direction.

P.S.  A question of my own: of the two, which is worse: a plague of locusts or cicadas?   doh!

Edited by Henri Charriere
Clarification

Someone on the forum may be able to identify this token, but it would help if the inscriptions were more legible. Please try to better focus your photos and crop them like this.

image.png.d515610bcf4a1c90446525ad37d1306e.png image.png.2be926603ca9c412cf3355f871190aa3.png

I can enhance the tonal range, but the photos have to be sharp -- fuzz only works for dryer lint.

On 5/1/2024 at 9:42 AM, Grasshoppa said:

Looking for information on this token please.

IMG_1414.jpeg

IMG_1413.jpeg

...1934 new jersey bridge token....

Thanks to all who responded. After obtaining a much better magnifying tool, it is a 1934 Pennsylvania/NJ bridge token as you have stated. Thanks again for the assistance!

On 5/1/2024 at 5:42 PM, Grasshoppa said:

Thanks to all who responded. After obtaining a much better magnifying tool, it is a 1934 Pennsylvania/NJ bridge token as you have stated. Thanks again for the assistance!

Is this place great, or what?  Man, I love this place!  🤣