• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Robbery in front of Denver Mint 1922

33 posts in this topic

Non-precinct voting has too many potential security problems where states have individual regulations. It works well in some European countries, but their jurisdictional systems do not align with that in the US, so making comparisons is difficult. Political party poll watchers are permitted in all Federal elections including primaries. If any of them think there is something wrong they have a responsibility to speak up; and there is a process for coordinating this.

On 3/29/2024 at 2:04 PM, RWB said:

Political party poll watchers are permitted in all Federal elections including primaries

You have obviously been too busy on election days in Virginia to keep up with what actually happens In Philadelphia. I agree the law says what you say it does, but in Philadelphia, nobody cares or enforces the law. Not the dominant party, not the City Commissioners Office (the body in Philly that runs their elections), not the police, not the local courts, and not the federal courts, who only get involved by castigating everyone AFTER THE FACT. 

On 3/29/2024 at 2:04 PM, RWB said:

. If any of them think there is something wrong they have a responsibility to speak up;

And when they do, they get threatened with violence. There is no protection for whistleblowers, actually ANYWHERE in Pennsylvania. Welcome to Philly. Every year there are proposed bills to create criminal penalties for refusing watchers to do their jobs. Every year, the PARTY FOR WHOM I WORKED IN HARRISBURG FOR 13 YEARS blocks those bills. The party that I actually vote for, proposes those bills. I worked for eight of those years for the Judiciary Committee Chair or Ranking Member (we called them Minority Chairmen). I know of the myriad illegal things that are done by Pennsylvania governmental units on a daily basis. Nobody enforces laws they don’t like in Pennsylvania. And people have the gall to mock Alabama. They gripe about laws they don’t like, but they do enforce them. Hey, we just re-compiled the state Constitution, removing racist language and federally unconstitutional provisions of the state one. It’s still several hundred pages long.

Edited by VKurtB