• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANA Board of Governors

39 posts in this topic

So Kurt, what do you think of the ANS? And thank you for your thoughts on the new position. I missed some of the conversation.

On 3/19/2024 at 6:28 AM, Zebo said:

So Kurt, what do you think of the ANS? And thank you for your thoughts on the new position. I missed some of the conversation.

ANS? The folks in New York City?

On 3/19/2024 at 11:22 AM, VKurtB said:

ANS? The folks in New York City?

Yep

On 3/19/2024 at 11:32 AM, Zebo said:

Yep

...they r not so political...very much pro-history of US coinage n at least understand that there is no hobby if there r no collectors....

On 3/19/2024 at 1:43 PM, zadok said:

...they r not so political...very much pro-history of US coinage n at least understand that there is no hobby if there r no collectors....

Exactly. 

On 3/19/2024 at 6:31 PM, Henri Charriere said:

No, neither blatant, nor latent, hostility... just a restive spirit... There was a Twilight Zone episode, first aired in 1960 entitled, "A nice place to live," featuring a bungling burglar shot dead by police who awakens in "heaven" where he is greeted by a "guide" who basically states he his there to fulfill his every wish which he quickly squanders. Every one and every thing is at his beck and call. All his needs are met. A luxurious suite, room service, etc. He wins at every hand in gambling and increasingly becomes bored, restless, unfulfilled -- so disenchanted that he summons his  "guide" Sebastian Cabot, impeccably dressed to the Nines and resplendent in white, and insists he is in the wrong place and doesn't belong in Heaven. Startled, Cabot responds: "Whatever gave you the idea you were in Heaven?  This IS the other place!" followed by uproarious malevolent laughter...

Some of us who live vicariously thru Kurt's posts, are unable to reconcile a hard-knock life with what ought to be the happiest, most fulfilling years retitement years.  I am retired, figuratively and literally. I do not have any obligations. No calendar. No schedule. I do not have to be anywhere...

Both the Powerball and Mega-Millions are gaining on the billion-dollar mark. As a practical matter, if I win, it means no more Gates for Kurt. I envision a chauffeured limousine, private airstrip and the latest Gulfstream jet.  Perchance to dream.

[Posted at the discretion of Moderation.]  🤣

On 3/19/2024 at 12:43 PM, zadok said:

The problem is NOT that the ANA Governors are political; it is that too many are s-t-u-p-I-d. 

The part about all this I don't understand is there was a time not long ago when you urged members to cast their votes and, I thought the person you had wanted to assume the post, did, and I thought all was quiet on the western front -- and now this!  What happened?

On 3/22/2024 at 6:06 PM, Henri Charriere said:

The part about all this I don't understand is there was a time not long ago when you urged members to cast their votes and, I thought the person you had wanted to assume the post, did, and I thought all was quiet on the western front -- and now this!  What happened?

Tom Uram and Mark Lighterman are great guys and fine President and Vice President. There are another few rank and file Governors who are okay as well. The majority of the new members leave me unimpressed. 

The jury (me) is still out on the appointees, which are strongly Pittsburghian. 

Edited by VKurtB