• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANA Board of Governors

39 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2024 at 1:39 PM, Coinbuf said:

So that's all we get, a teaser and a comment with no refrence to context or content?

That’s it for the moment. I am hoping that others that attended or viewed will chime in.

the community manager is a new proposed full time staff position that would have as part of their duties be involved with outreach, videos, and social media. It would enhance visibility to those who normally do not see the ANA when searching on the internet. A nigher profile in other words.  that is just a bit of it. I did not catch the whole discussion.

I would like to hear from those who attended in person.

From your opening post it seemed like you were in attendance.   I am not there and haven't seem or heard any of the meeting.   Hopefully someone can add more to the story. 

On 3/15/2024 at 2:45 PM, Zebo said:

That’s it for the moment. I am hoping that others that attended or viewed will chime in.

the community manager is a new proposed full time staff position that would have as part of their duties be involved with outreach, videos, and social media. It would enhance visibility to those who normally do not see the ANA when searching on the internet. A nigher profile in other words.  that is just a bit of it. I did not catch the whole discussion.

...vkurt is out there n im sure attended, ask him to chime in....

On 3/15/2024 at 3:17 PM, Coinbuf said:

From your opening post it seemed like you were in attendance.   I am not there and haven't seem or heard any of the meeting.   Hopefully someone can add more to the story. 

I attended virtually.

Seems very restrictive.... What I mean is, if you have to have once been a state governor before you can sit on the ANA board, doesn't that restrict the talent pool to a great extent? Maybe I misunderstood the answer....

On 3/15/2024 at 12:41 PM, zadok said:

Would you be expecting a balanced nonbiased account of the meeting from the recently ousted Kurt. ;)

For one thing, politics aside, I would like to hear about the presentation or discussion about this new position. I heard most of it, but the person/s speaking (Ken and Kenny) microphone was a bit too far away to hear everything.

On 3/16/2024 at 12:44 AM, Coinbuf said:

Would you be expecting a balanced nonbiased account of the meeting from the recently ousted Krt. ;)

Hold-up-wait-a-minute...

How would you know he was recently ousted recently, unless, unless...  :whatthe:

On 3/16/2024 at 9:33 AM, Henri Charriere said:

Hold-up-wait-a-minute...

How would you know he was recently ousted recently, unless, unless...  :whatthe:

concerning the proposal for the new position, I would expect some good input from Kurt. I did not see or hear about him being ousted. What is that all about - if I couldn’t guess?

This is how malicious rumors begin....Let's end the matter immediately.

Edited by RWB

On 3/16/2024 at 6:45 AM, Zebo said:

concerning the proposal for the new position, I would expect some good input from Kurt. I did not see or hear about him being ousted. What is that all about - if I couldn’t guess?

You can read Kurt's short and colorful reason he is no longer a national volunteer for yourself.

image.thumb.png.631d6373483e065728dc5996e5ab8f8b.png

On 3/15/2024 at 1:41 PM, zadok said:

If you listened in on the meeting, you heard me. I was the speaker AFTER the Sammut clan finished. The ANA needs to up its internet game, but virtually no one in management OTHER THAN the Sammuts seem to know their you know what from a hole in the ground. I know I am not interested in gaming YouTube’s algorithms. It seems, I dunno, cheap and wrong. But it’s that family’s thing. 

There are now three (and a half) National Volunteers who have cast aspersions, or complained out loud about ANA staff. John Wilson was first. He got a written reprimand from the Exec. Dir. John showed it to me. Then last August in Pittsburgh, and immediately thereafter, I got testy with staff in an email. Said staffer ran to the Exec. Dir., who said she didn’t like my tone. I don’t DO tone moderation. I fire away with both barrels. I told the E.D. I don’t care if she liked my tone or not. She invited me to no longer be a National Volunteer unless I apologized to her incompetent staffer. I suggested she stop hiring snowflakes. My problem with her staff was DWARFED by my wife’s reaction to their incompetence. She has REFUSED to EVER do ANYTHING with the ANA again. She counts as the half person mentioned above because even though she never was a National Volunteer, she did the work of two of them. 

Now at this Colorado Springs show I hear that Chief Judge Joe Boling has one of the snowflakes upset who is running to the E.D. “The mean former Colonel was mean to me.” Give me a stinking break! Life is hard. Wear a helmet. 

On 3/18/2024 at 12:53 PM, VKurtB said:

There are now three (and a half) National Volunteers who have cast aspersions, or complained out loud about ANA staff. John Wilson was first. He got a written reprimand from the Exec. Dir. John showed it to me. Then last August in Pittsburgh, and immediately thereafter, I got testy with staff in an email. Said staffer ran to the Exec. Dir., who said she didn’t like my tone. I don’t DO tone moderation. I fire away with both barrels. I told the E.D. I don’t care if she liked my tone or not. She invited me to no longer be a National Volunteer unless I apologized to her incompetent staffer. I suggested she stop hiring snowflakes. My problem with her staff was DWARFED by my wife’s reaction to their incompetence. She has REFUSED to EVER do ANYTHING with the ANA again. She counts as the half person mentioned above because even though she never was a National Volunteer, she did the work of two of them. 

Now at this Colorado Springs show I hear that Chief Judge Joe Boling has one of the snowflakes upset who is running to the E.D. “The mean former Colonel was mean to me.” Give me a stinking break! Life is hard. Wear a helmet. 

...as many long time members have known for years, even decades, the ANA has never been in the game...always leading from behind, always playing catch-up...their members have actually led for them, as u r well aware not too long ago a majority of the board was there only for self advancement of their own interests, members were the least of their concern, it has little improved but is still back in the 20th century...sadly, its the only organization we have....

On 3/18/2024 at 3:10 PM, Sandon said:

If the A.N.A. continues to treat its volunteers badly, some day it may not have any.

The zeitgeist right now is that the paid staff at the ANA can do no wrong (even though they prove they can and do with ASTONISHING regularity), and all a staffer has to do to get a Volunteer taken to the woodshed is rat out the Volunteer to the E.D. and the trouble begins. A few years back a Board gave a mandate of DEEEEEEP spending cuts to the paid staff and they got rid of people who knew what they were doing and brought in “freaks” in their place. You know what I mean about “freaks”, right? Look around any airport. 

On 3/18/2024 at 3:10 PM, Sandon said:

If the A.N.A. continues to treat its volunteers badly, some day it may not have any.

The average age AND INFIRMITY of the ANA National Volunteers is considerable. The ANA needs to stop rewarding incompetence and “correcting” people who do know what they’re doing. Maybe it’s just me - I don’t trust people with that much “face shrapnel”.

Edited by VKurtB

On 3/18/2024 at 5:31 PM, VKurtB said:

The average age AND INFIRMITY of the ANA National Volunteers is considerable. The ANA needs to stop rewarding incompetence and “correcting” people who do know what they’re doing. Maybe it’s just me - I don’t trust people with that much “face shrapnel”.

...woke instead of awake is the current mantra, until it isnt when all the wheels n cogs cease to function...just look at the sanctuary cities, no one would live there if it werent subsidized...to numismaticize, look at the recent list of coin designs submitted in the recent survey...pathetic....

On 3/18/2024 at 3:48 PM, zadok said:

...woke instead of awake is the current mantra, until it isnt when all the wheels n cogs cease to function...just look at the sanctuary cities, no one would live there if it werent subsidized...to numismaticize, look at the recent list of coin designs submitted in the recent survey...pathetic....

I DO have to keep reminding myself that ANA headquarters IS in the People’s Republik of Colorado. I kept wondering if I had to change my money into Cuban pesos. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 3/18/2024 at 6:01 PM, VKurtB said:

I DO have to keep reminding myself that ANA headquarters IS in the People’s Republik of Colorado. I kept wondering if I had to change my money into Cuban pesos. 

...u have to remember when there u r in US Olympics territory another very woke organization....

image.thumb.jpg.30e96e5681dd48c3b5a770af36498c8b.jpg
Me and my “helmet” at Denver airport. I was tagged to judge both National Coin Week and Best in Show, among the seven Class winners. A SECOND TIME exhibitor won Best in Show. His happiness and astonishment was fun to be around. His exhibit was “Presidents of the Progressive Age”.

On 3/18/2024 at 4:13 PM, zadok said:

...u have to remember when there u r in US Olympics territory another very woke organization....

People who haven’t gone to vote at a live polling station for over a decade. I was a county Election Director. Mail-in voting is inherently insecure. The entire REASON for polling places is to protect the chain of custody of ballots. Mail destroys chain of custody, and drop boxes are worse. Would you mail cash? Then why mail a ballot?

Edited by VKurtB

On 3/18/2024 at 6:14 PM, VKurtB said:

image.thumb.jpg.30e96e5681dd48c3b5a770af36498c8b.jpg
Me and my “helmet” at Denver airport. I was tagged to judge both National Coin Week and Best in Show, among the seven Class winners. A SECOND TIME exhibitor won Best in Show. His happiness and astonishment was fun to be around. His exhibit was “Presidents of the Progressive Age”.

...a stud without studs, im surprised they let u in...the exhibits r usually the highlites....

On 3/18/2024 at 4:16 PM, zadok said:

...a stud without studs, im surprised they let u in...the exhibits r usually the highlites....

Yup. No metal in my body or ink on me skin. I could almost qualify as Orthodox. Not that there’s that much difference between Orthodox Jewry and Pennsylvania “plain people”, my ancestors. 

On 3/15/2024 at 12:45 PM, Zebo said:

The prime requirement is to get the ANA’s YouTube videos to populate FIRST in searches by gaming the algorithm. Yuck. Oh yeah, that and defending the ANA when anyone here, or ATS, or on CT, takes potshots at the ANA. They are really getting “urinated off” about some people’s attitude regarding the ANA online. They don’t “get” that at CT, hostility toward the ANA is in their DNA. 

You want HOSTILITY? I’ll give you hostility. I came in at Gate 68, and my next flight was out of Gate 23. Then they moved it to Gate 53. This is no way to run an airline. 

Edited by VKurtB