• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you do, numismatically speaking" if you were to win a mega-millions lottery?
1 1

31 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2024 at 11:50 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Outside of the 1794 Dollar being the first silver dollar minted, I don't know too much about the others so anybody can feel free to provide more info on what makes them special.  

I take it a $50 gold "slug" is a privately minted $50 gold piece minted by California private minters during the Gold Rush ?

I'd like on the augustus Humbert $50 gold pieces that was issued by the U.S. Assay Office. 

The Rolled Edge $10 gold is one of the patterns that was made during the time that the mint and Augustus St. Gaudens' representative, Herman Herring, were testing designs for the $10 Indian design.

The King of Siam Proof set was an 1834 set of U.S. Proof coins that were struck for diplomatic purposes. The stars of the set were an 1804 "Original" silver dollar and a Proof 1804 dated $10 gold. The set was once owned by Anna Leonowns who was the inspiration for the film "Anna and the King of Siam" and the Rogers and Hammerstein musical, "The King and I,"