• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SACAGAWEA
2 2

50 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2024 at 7:15 PM, Abdulah said:

TO Henri 

Hello Henri, in the world of numismatics it can be seen that your language in coin identification is very reasonable and expert and  professional with your language style and sharp sarcasm towards people, so that's why I want to ask you,
1 . Since you have been involved in the world of numismatics, has your money ever been sold at auction for a fairly decent price?
2. Do you currently have coins that have been certified by PCGS, NGC, ANAC, ICG, etc. at MS grade?
3. What achievements can you obtain while you are involved in the world of Numismatics?
4. Are you someone who works in the company PCGS, NGC, ANAC, ICG, etc. in the special grading of coin valuation?

Please answer????

Allow me to answer your questions this way.  On my application for a marriage license seven years ago, in the space for employment I wrote "chiffonier."  It was a highly-respected member here who discovered, lo and behold, though now retired, I had described myself as a "rag picker."  I am none of the things you've referenced. I am just a simple collector who wants to see every collector get a fair shake on this Forum.  

1.  I have never been to an auction, coin show, or for that matter, a ball game.

2.  The total extent of my coin collection is comprised of 24 French 20-franc gold roosters certified by PCGS and NGC in Mint State grades and displayed on both Set Registries, ranked at # 1 and # 6, respectively.

3.  I am 72, retired and married.  My father was descended from the Hittites; my mother from the Crimean Tatars.  Both were atheists; both are deceased.

4.  By unanimous mutual assent of the membership, my knowledge of numismatics is non-existent. I believe my net worth is zero although that may be an exaggeration.  The presence or lack of Roosters has no effect on the quality of my life.

I am a dues-paying guest who serves at the pleasure of NGC's management.

Seriously, the best course for the op to take here is to find an extremely wealthy coin collector who is currently being held in the most heavily guarded  section of his local insane asylum and sell all of his amazing coins to that guy. He will walk out of that asylum a very wealthy man. 

On 1/14/2024 at 7:15 AM, Abdulah said:

To lock 34 

Seriously, what this means is that you are the richest person in the hospital??? 

It turns out that many people are crazy about seeking wealth through coins, and it also turns out that there are many who claim to be currency experts but cannot explain the condition of the coins, only thinking in their brains about money and wealth, not carrying out natural investigations according to the guidelines in the Red Book and history books. Even though I only mentioned or named the coin that I have, this is the SACAGAWEA VIP FIRTS STRIKE coin, but that doesn't confirm or state absolutely that this coin is truly a SACAGAWEA VIP FIRTS STRIKE coin! Do you understand, why does it catch fire???
and in essence from this second dollar post I just want to discuss the argument about this coin that the left side is rough and the right side is smooth and clear, that's all and not wealth, so work if you want to be rich! remember NUMISMATICS IS AN ART!

On 1/13/2024 at 4:18 PM, Abdulah said:
To KurtB
Dear Sir
I don't fantasize about this coin, and also don't fantasize about getting a lot of money from it, and I also agree and am normal in arguing that if you call it normal money and millions are circulating, however, there must also be proof from you that the dollars are exactly the same as those I have that with the dollars you have, also with the dollars in circulation in general, let's try to show it is the same or not?
Don't you see there is a striking difference between what I call the VIP first strike dollar and the regular strike dollar? This is the difference that should be discussed, not this imaginary problem that is being discussed. The main point of this argument is why the dollar that I call the VIP first strike is so Very good and smooth, the appearance of the front and back faces is also flat, the rim is different from regular strike dollars in general, here I give an example, there are Indonesian palm oil coins Rp. 1000 rupiah, both 1996, try to see the difference even though the coins were issued in the same year , please answer, thank you sir

20240111_204514770.jpg

20240111_204651266.jpg

20240110_191851297.jpg

20240110_191956251.jpg

What the coin on the right has is a sharp strike, but it is ruined by excessive tarnish and garbage on its surface. The range of sharpness of strike on 2000 Sacagawea dollars is extremely wide. Early strikes off of new dies will exhibit very sharp details. Later strikes can be very mushy.

To The Krurt B
Dear sir 

The rubbish on the dollar on the right is caused by this dollar having never been cleaned at all, and the surface of the front and back of the letter bird's face and hair is smoother than the dollar on the left and the dollar on the right appears clearer. Thanks lots sir 

On 1/14/2024 at 5:25 AM, Abdulah said:

Judging by your posts on the forum, you lack the mental capabilities needed to understand the above post.

To LOCK34

You are off track from the main point of the post,
This is about identifying differences in coins, not treating human nervous and mental damage, try taking medicine 1 once a day 3 times, hopefully it will heal

On 1/14/2024 at 8:40 PM, Abdulah said:

To LOCK34

You are off track from the main point of the post,
This is about identifying differences in coins, not treating human nervous and mental damage, try taking medicine 1 once a day 3 times, hopefully it will heal

Incorrect. That went out the window after your first post..................................................................................

On 1/15/2024 at 6:29 PM, LOCK34 said:

Incorrect. That went out the window after your first post..................................................................................

As it is against the Law -- worse: a violation of the written Board Guidelines -- to, as Shakespeare put it, wag thy tongue in noise so rude against [another member] refrain from doing so.  After several expulsions and deportations from the Forum, I ceased to be, in the word of the Website Coordinator, "contentious."  She also cautioned members to, "Be Nice, or Be Gone."

Let's look at this from the viewpoint most favorable to the OP:  There is no denying he feels he has something in hand. He has held it a faraway land for upwards of twenty years. Nothing anyone has said has dissuaded him. My feeling is, running out of options, he will submit it, but may very well disagree with the opinion rendered -- and pay a pretty penny to do so.

He is not the first, nor will he be the last, to present the membership with a question concerning features of a coin he feels is unusual.  Passion is to be expected when you summon up the nerve to display a coin publicly for comment.  Unfortunately, this is not my area of interest and any available information information does not appear to be forthcoming.  My only suggestion is treat this new member the way you would want to be treated. Any personal criticism should be assiduously avoided.  It may make you fell better, but bottom line, it doesn't add to the conversation much less solve the problem.  (thumbsu

Can I.help it if he is a prolific writer?  He is seeking, hope against hope, that after trawling the internet, he will find an opinion he is comfortable with.

His bio indicates he has been a MEMBER for nearly six months.  There is no indication he has ever used an alternate User Name. The gentleman lives along a temperamental volcanic archipelago..  I say we cut him a little slack.  Who knows, maybe somebody will come along and negate everything that's been said?  It has.happened. There are wonderful members here who adopt a charming tactic.  They let everybody have their say then quietly step forward brandishing  the heavy artillery: a contrary view backed by irrefutable evidence accompanied by photos, links,  and footnotes. Checkmate!

Edited by Henri Charriere
Die-polishing

On 1/17/2024 at 11:14 AM, Henri Charriere said:

Can I.help it if he is a prolific writer?  He is seeking, hope against hope, that after trawling the internet, he will find an opinion he is comfortable with.

His bio indicates he has been a MEMBER for nearly six months.  There is no indication he has ever used an alternate User Name. The gentleman lives along a temperamental volcanic archipelago..  I say we cut him a little slack.  Who knows, maybe somebody will come along and negate everything that's been said?  It has.happened. There are wonderful members here who adopt a charming tactic.  They let everybody have their say then quietly step forward brandishing  the heavy artillery: a contrary view backed by irrefutable evidence accompanied by photos, links,  and footnotes. Checkmate!

Please let me know if that happens. What I see here is a gentleman from a culture I can not understand, nor do I care to. When I encounter people from this culture, I usually need to keep a wary eye on my wallet. There, I said it, and I mean it. I am NOT A MULTICULTURALIST. I do all analysis within the framework of a North American/Western European culture. Other cultures don’t impress me. 

Some sad news... I believe I caught Covid-19. On impulse I used a test kit you can use at home.  The insert said wait 15 minutes for results.. After three to five.minutes, I was hit with sirens and  blinding neon lights and directed to seek help.immediately.  I prepared a test for my wife.  The non-essential top "bar" just stared back at me.  My only consolation is both tests had expired a year ago.

But that's only part of it.  The last time I was asymptomatic.  This time I had a blindinng headache, and went to bed to lie down.  I was disoriented fell,  and wound up lying next to the bed on the floor.  I refused to call for help and engaged in a nine-hour episode battle to get up and lie dow.  My legs collapsed under.me. Every bone in my body was sore. My nose never stopped running and my throat was parched.  Finally, summoning what little strength I had I slipped and fell hard against the dresser.The floor was wet and slippery -- with my blood. Every bone in my aching body hurt. I finally did get into bed and fell out.  I tell you it looked like a crime scene. My face was bloodied bruised.  I am too weak to have myself and my wife tested formally.

I had been vaccinated three time and "infused" with an experimental.drug once. I got a bivalent booster

It's cold and moderately snowy out.  I got the vaccine when I wore a mask religiously.  Now I got it w/o wearing one.  My suspicion is I have tuberculosis, the flu and /or Covid.  I've got to go back to bed and lie down. My wife has been very helpful.  By week's end, I should know where we stand. 

Die-polishi g

On 1/17/2024 at 11:48 AM, Henri Charriere said:

Some sad news... I believe I caught Covid-19. On impulse I used a test kit you can use at home.  The insert said wait 15 minutes for results.. After three to five.minutes, I was hit with sirens and  blinding neon lights and directed to seek help.immediately.  I prepared a test for my wife.  The non-essential top "bar" just stared back at me.  My only consolation is both tests had expired a year ago.

But that's only part of it.  The last time I was asymptomatic.  This time I had a blindinng headache, and went to bed to lie down.  I was disoriented fell,  and wound up lying next to the bed on the floor.  I refused to call for help and engaged in a nine-hour episode battle to get up and lie dow.  My legs collapsed under.me. Every bone in my body was sore. My nose never stopped running and my throat was parched.  Finally, summoning what little strength I had I slipped and fell hard against the dresser.The floor was wet and slippery -- with my blood. Every bone in my aching body hurt. I finally did get into bed and fell out.  I tell you it looked like a crime scene. My face was bloodied bruised.  I am too weak to have myself and my wife tested formally.

I had been vaccinated three time and "infused" with an experimental.drug once. I got a bivalent booster

It's cold and moderately snowy out.  I got the vaccine when I wore a mask religiously.  Now I got it w/o wearing one.  My suspicion is I have tuberculosis, the flu and /or Covid.  I've got to go back to bed and lie down. My wife has been very helpful.  By week's end, I should know where we stand. 

My only question is how my New Year COVID case migrated to the Big Apple.

On 1/18/2024 at 5:58 PM, VKurtB said:

My only question is how my New Year COVID case migrated to the Big Apple.

You, sir, are being too kind.  This is a vicious, virulent [possibly multicultural] variant.. Onset was immediate with rapid progression.  A plague of.locusts descended on the city.  Who knows, maybe one or more brought "the gift that keeps on giving." The prescribed choice, PAXLOVID ®️,  which required restructuring of my regular meds, was unavailable at my pharmacy.  Maybe tomorrow..  I don't expect to venture out until February. Sorry you missed FUN; who knows what you'll find in Berlin?

On 1/18/2024 at 5:34 PM, Henri Charriere said:

You, sir, are being too kind.  This is a vicious, virulent [possibly multicultural] variant.. Onset was immediate with rapid progression.  A plague of.locusts descended on the city.  Who knows, maybe one or more brought "the gift that keeps on giving." The prescribed choice, PAXLOVID ®️,  which required restructuring of my regular meds, was unavailable at my pharmacy.  Maybe tomorrow..  I don't expect to venture out until February. Sorry you missed FUN; who knows what you'll find in Berlin?

Paxlovid didn’t work this time. Our best theory is that I didn’t start it early enough. That’s important. 

On 1/19/2024 at 11:18 AM, VKurtB said:

Paxlovid didn’t work this time. Our best theory is that I didn’t start it early enough. That’s important. 

First time didn't count for me and my wife as we we were both asymptomatic. This time, onset was Monday.  I received my first dose today, Friday. I hope I am okay.a week from today.

So what constitutes taking Paxlovid "early enough."?. One source provided a time frame of "from 3 to 5 days"  To tell you the truth, there's not much I can do about it now.  What I would like to know is, with my wife in close proximity to me these past 7 years, how 🤔 was she able to avoid infection?

Additional paragraph.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:28 AM, Abdulah said:
Hello Numismatic experts, how are you all?
I want to ask if any of you can explain these two SACAGAWEA Dollars Please ?

20240110_191857619.jpg

20240110_191954061.jpg

On 3/19/2024 at 2:04 PM, Rimon Dibi said:

I am not going to touch this. Cheerio, mate!