• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love Tokens

4 posts in this topic

I've just recently become interested in love tokens,not seriously interested I would just like to find one with my intials and a special girl in my life.(Yes,I do have a life besides coins wink.gif )

I looked on eBay but gave up after a while since many sellers don't list the intials in their listings and it became very tiring.I know that there is a love token society and all but I'm not planning to make a hobby out of it.Would any of you be so kind as to direct me to a dealer or message board perhaps where I could inquire more about.

Also,I'm not very artistic but is there anyone out there who you can pay to make love tokens?

Thanks!

-Hayden

You could have a jeweler do the engraving. They do it all of the time. The lettering could be fancy or plain and simple.

Chris

Hayden

just keep watching ebay. Sooner or later you will come across what you want.

I watched for probably a year before finding one with all 3 of my kids' initials on it. JKH

there is a dealer that sets up at Baltimore that always has a portion of a display case loaded with them. I cannot remember who it is but someone may.

what are the intials?? I'll keep my eyes peeled because I still check them fairly often but only look at US coins. I don't want darkside stuff.

CoinWorld did a goofy statistical article awhile back to show how long the odds are of finding your own initials. Of course they ignored the fact that some pairs are very common, others rare. I've seen dealers at big shows with them and it's probably easier to just find a thick token and grind off the initials. Then any jeweler can engrave the ones you want.