• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

People Still Posting On Your Thread After 15 Years
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I agree!  So valuable and not a bit arcane has the information compiled on the thread become that, if memory serves, member @GoldFinger1969 personally interceded and implored the Website Coordinator to authorize a variance exempting the entire thread from deletion on account of any perceived misbehavior on the part of unruly members.  I don't recall his eliciting a response, but it appears he prevailed.  (Just to be on the safe side, I believe he has "saved" the thread in its entirety.)  As noted elsewhere, the Grand Master and Numismatist of the Year has racked up over 20,000 posts on his writing odometer, a most remarkable achievement!

Older and inactive threads here should definitely be saved by anybody interested in the content and saved in Word or PDF format. 

I save the RWB Saint-Gaudens Book thread every 5 pages.  You never know if a thread gets some cyberattack...the entire site.....etc.  The more obscure and rare your personal interest -- Roosters, anybody ? xD -- the more particular threads may have useful information even if you are an expert on the subject. Forget the "GTG" and "What do you think of this coin" threads -- interesting but nothing irreplaceable.  

Look at the back-and-forth on the Mafia and the MCMVII High Relief Omegas....lost apparently for all time. :mad:

All the more reason to save 'em.