• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1945 quarter

3 posts in this topic

I have a 1945 quarter and on the back of it where the olive branches are there are two dots that look like olives and some lines through the branches here's some pictures of it helping somebody to tell me if it's worth anything

IMG_2023-04-29-13-35-29-378.jpg

IMG_2023-04-29-13-35-01-221.jpg

IMG_2023-04-29-13-35-29-378.jpg

For the future note that when posting coins also include full size cropped pics for each side.  But for this coin the two "dots" are likely just from small die chips, which are pieces of the die that break off as they are used, which is common and not worth anything.

Keep in mind that using a scope will almost always pick up very common minor variations in the dies, or "varieties", that are not worth anything as collectors prefer varieties that are not just common things and which can be clearly seen without any magnification.  I would put the scope away and only use 5x to 10x magnification in general, like a 10x magnifying glass which is what I use.

Edited by EagleRJO

Welcome to the NGC chat board.    

Your photos of a computer screen are too blurry as well as too magnified for me to venture any opinion on this coin. The digital microscope that you apparently are using, combined with the photo editing software on your computer, should be capable of producing clearer, cropped images of each side of the entire coin as well as better "close-ups" of whatever anomaly you think exists. You may wish to refer to the following forum topics for further additional information: