• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Mint stock numbers.

9 posts in this topic

The mint gives each item a stock number. Something like A25, TA7 or 1P6. I'm looking for a link/list to match the stock numbers to what the item is.

I hope to find a list for the three character numbers from 2005 to 2016. The mint invoices and packing slips stop short of nailing it down to the exact item. I let myself get almost 20 years behind with adding the items into my system. I would hate to guess and get it wrong. The Silver Eagles and some of the bullion are impossible to figure out. 

I have the information for items starting with 2017 when the mint started using 4 to 5 characters. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I don’t have much info for you but I do know a few numbers.

4W8 - 2005 P&D OCEAN IN VIEW JEFFERSON NICKEL ROLLS

4U8 - 2005 P&D BISON JEFFERSON NICKEL ROLLS

2X5 - 2006 P&D RETURN TO MONTICELLO JEFFERSON NICKEL ROLLS

U06 - 2006 UNCIRCULATED/SMS MINT SET

Hope this helps you out a little.

Edited by Lem E

On 2/18/2023 at 7:51 AM, ldhair said:

I let myself get almost 20 years behind with adding the items into my system.

And I thought I was bad about putting things off until later!

You are hereby proclaimed Emperor Procrastinatorius, leader of the Putter-Offers. :acclaim:(worship)

On 4/3/2023 at 8:49 AM, Just Bob said:

And I thought I was bad about putting things off until later!

You are hereby proclaimed Emperor Procrastinatorius, leader of the Putter-Offers. :acclaim:(worship)

This taught me a good lesson. I won't get behind again. Never found a list of stock numbers but issue price helped me figure it out.

Larry, I believe Silver Eagles are year followed by EA example 5ea 22ea and this year 23ea. .  This is for proof coins.

Hope that helps.  Your order history should help.

On 4/3/2023 at 8:15 PM, rrantique said:

Larry, I believe Silver Eagles are year followed by EA example 5ea 22ea and this year 23ea. .  This is for proof coins.

Hope that helps.  Your order history should help.

Yes that's true. They started showing the year in the stock numbers about 2017.