• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I find the certification date?

8 posts in this topic

You would need to contact NGC customer service, I'm not sure that they are able to give you that information but they are the only ones that possibly can.   The only thing I can say is that the coin is in a newer style of slab so it was put into that slab within the past few years.

The following thread has the various NGC slab styles used over the years.  Doesn't give you a specific date but will give you a ball park of about when it was slabbed.

https://www.sampleslabs.com/

That coin appears to have the latest NGC slab/label with left aligned label text and newer font, so its not addressed in the historical slab references.

Edited by EagleRJO

Keep in mind that EVEN AT SP69, this is an incredibly common coin. Just because few may have been graded, doesn’t make it scarce. 99%+ of the owners of these coins would never have them graded. David Lange of NGC has written on this board about the plethora of what I call “silly to have been graded” coins. 

On 1/4/2023 at 12:28 PM, VKurtB said:

Keep in mind that EVEN AT SP69, this is an incredibly common coin. Just because few may have been graded, doesn’t make it scarce. 99%+ of the owners of these coins would never have them graded. David Lange of NGC has written on this board about the plethora of what I call “silly to have been graded” coins. 

bought cause I thought it was cool and the price was right. Not everyone collects for resell value.