• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star designated proofs
1 1

35 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2022 at 9:17 AM, Coinbuf said:

Yes I already knew the point, the sad part is that you do not.

Then why are you so sad or miserable? You wrote it?! 

Edited by Mr.blister

On 12/24/2022 at 10:24 AM, Mr.blister said:

Then why are you so sad or miserable? You wrote it?! 

I am not sad, it is sad that you are so misinformed and getting taken by buying such common coins in less than desirable condition.   It is unfortunate that there are collectors like yourself that get taken in the world of numismatics buying this type of inferior coin.

People come here to learn, and the misinformation you are spreading with this thread is not helpful to anyone that is here to learn.   You have made assertions and voiced your personal opinions about value and rarity as if those were facts.   But the real facts are that the coins you like are inferior to the vast majority of collectors.   The market prices for these coins tells us that these are inferior to true two sided cameo and DCAM coins.

Trust me nobody is losing sleep over how you spend your money, but when you spread misinformation by implying that your opinion is fact like you are, we are going to call you out on it.

Edited by Coinbuf

On 12/23/2022 at 6:34 PM, Mr.blister said:

If anyone thinks this coin or so called low-balled or inferior, I beg to differ

4164116_Full_Obv.jpg?q=12232022193219

This one lacks the CAMEO designation, which for some reason is particularly seldom seen on 1953 cents, when compared with nearby dates. The “straight 69” is also uncommon, but a CAMEO even several points lower would be seen by many as the more desirable coin. 

First, my apologies.

And thank you for showing your coins there awesome! That nickel and those quarters are stunning! 

Either snow topped Tahoe winter white Frosty Freeze snow blizzard blinding Cameos or liquid-like mind bending mirrored proofs, I'm all in! 

My obsession with shiny things is in my genes and the appreciating of art. As Lao Tzu claimed to a have said "In work do what you enjoy". 

On 12/24/2022 at 10:24 AM, VKurtB said:

This one lacks the CAMEO designation, which for some reason is particularly seldom seen on 1953 cents, when compared with nearby dates. The “straight 69” is also uncommon, but a CAMEO even several points lower would be seen by many as the more desirable coin. 

Yes