• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Danger Of Population Increases On Coin Prices
1 1

62 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2022 at 7:17 PM, VKurtB said:

Not always so if we look at final mintage numbers. Yes, if we look at initial authorized mintage, you’re absolutely correct. Look at final numbers lately. The LOWEST sales are for items that have ridiculously HIGH authorized mintage. But if a maximum of any number that SOUNDS limited, it can sell out in mere minutes. More mass psychosis from coin people. Make no mistake - we coin people are NUTS!

Are the ones you have in mind at comparable or completely different prices?

I know some US modern commemorative mintages are low, like within the First Hag (oops, I mean Spouse) series.  Less than 2000, I think.  Some of the more recent silver and clad have been somewhere near 10,000 to my recollection (because the themes "suck" and few want it) but that's still higher than many or most proof Britannia silver which is a competitor with the ASE.  The Palladium and Platinum mintages are quite low, but I don't consider any of these real coins.

There are also the recent knock-offs on classic British designs, like the Three Graces and Una & the Lion, selling for very high prices.  Those are from a few thousand down to a few hundred (or less?).

When I think of a "limited" mintage for US NCLT, it's one like the 2019-S ERP which had 30,000.  It's actually very common.  It's also one of the most overpriced coins on the planet (I'd rank it second or third), literally one of a handful in the history of coinage with this supply selling for this price.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:15 PM, World Colonial said:

Are the ones you have in mind at comparable or completely different prices?

I know some US modern commemorative mintages are low, like within the First Hag (oops, I mean Spouse) series.  Less than 2000, I think.  Some of the more recent silver and clad have been somewhere near 10,000 to my recollection (because the themes "suck" and few want it) but that's still higher than many or most proof Britannia silver which is a competitor with the ASE.  The Palladium and Platinum mintages are quite low, but I don't consider any of these real coins.

There are also the recent knock-offs on classic British designs, like the Three Graces and Una & the Lion, selling for very high prices.  Those are from a few thousand down to a few hundred (or less?).

When I think of a "limited" mintage for US NCLT, it's one like the 2019-S ERP which had 30,000.  It's actually very common.  It's also one of the most overpriced coins on the planet (I'd rank it second or third), literally one of a handful in the history of coinage with this supply selling for this price.

Actually it’s rather similar to British numbers for similar material.