• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CRYPTO - SBF has been Arrested in the Bahamas

97 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2024 at 1:37 PM, rrantique said:

With discretionary release off the table with the disbanding of the Federal parole board, this guy can expect to serve more than 20 years, minus accrued jail time. Does the punishment fit the crime? Pretty stiff sentence for a first offender, but like Bernie Madoff, I don't believe those victimized would have stood for anything less. Here, justice triumphed again.  

On 3/28/2024 at 1:58 PM, VKurtB said:

I’m setting my alarm calendar for 2049. I’ll be 94 or, more likely, dead. But if I’m alive, I need to be there to spit on him.

:preach:  Be nice, Kurt.  The man will have paid his debt to society.  :makepoint:  doh!  :whistle:

On 3/28/2024 at 1:08 PM, Henri Charriere said:

The man will have paid his debt to society.

Not physically possible. 

Q.A.:  To recap...

Convicted:  7 cts of fraud, conspiracy, money laundering.  Sentence: 25 years imprisonment; forfeiture of assets:  $11.2 B; fines: $1.1 B.

🐓Is this your quaint way of suggesting we take up a collection?

Q.A.:  Realistically speaking, I don't think he can make a billion dollars to pay off that fine banging out license plates. I was going to suggest a modest donation of one dollar...

🐓  :  z's got you pegged dead-to-rights. You've lost it, pardner!

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2024 at 5:49 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Q.A.:  To recap...

Convicted:  7 cts of fraud, conspiracy, money laundering.  Sentence: 25 years imprisonment; forfeiture of assets:  $11.2 B; fines: $1.1 B.

🐓Is this your quaint way of suggesting we take up a collection?

Q.A.:  Realistically speaking, I don't think he can make a billion dollars to pay off that fine banging out license plates. I was going to suggest a modest donation of one dollar...

🐓  :  z's got you pegged dead-to-rights. You've lost it, pardner!

My state no longer uses embossed tags, rather, completely flat. My Feb25 registration sticker was printed on a laser printer. My last PA tag was embossed. I guess they need jobs for people carrying arms without a permit. 

Edited by VKurtB